Non-Spoiler FFXV First 3 Hours Preview

Discussion in 'Other Games' started by Fybrile, Aug 19, 2016.

1. Fybrile

Fybrile Administrator

Server:
    Cactaur
    A really good preview from the people at Playstation Access.

2. Jinzuku

Jinzuku Vice Administrator

Server:
    Phoenix
    Looks really good. The more i hear about it the more I like. The only thing I don't like is having to camp in order to get the exp points you earn. However, I'm sure I will get used to it eventually.

3. racooperii

racooperii Warrior of Light

Server:
    Brynhildr
    The camp thing reminds me of DnD and TES.

4. Fybrile

Fybrile Administrator

Server:
    Cactaur
    To me, the camp makes no discernible difference in how I play the game. I don't typically grind out levels in a FF title - or any title really - so I don't need the battle-by-battle EXP. If anything, it makes gaining more interesting for me because I can see the greater effect of lump sums rather than the incremental and slightly anti-climactic mob-by-mob tally. More than anything, I appreciate the focus on greater realism. I'm the type that will download Needs mods without hesitation in any RPG I play. Getting sleep, and buffs on what type of accommodations you have, and further buffs for crafting foods, as well as the micromanagement of getting the ingredients during the day, is something I enjoy from a role playing experience. Also sounds similar to how they will be doing magic rough a crafting system, which sounds neat to me. So, it doesn't sound like a bother to me. The exp thing doesn't really add or take away anything from what I'm looking to get out of the game.

Bounties has me a bit worried though. Kill quests are boring as f**k, and if that's the majority of the side quests, a la FFXIII, I'm going to be pretty dissatisfied. Japanese players might give a f**k about getting a rating from a kill quest, but I couldn't give less of one.

racooperii likes this.
  5. Jinzuku

Jinzuku Vice Administrator

Server:
    Phoenix
    If they are like the bounty for killing the behemoth in Duscae I think that would be cool. So you have to actually track and hunt the enemies. Although I reckon they would only do that for the higher rank bounties.

racooperii likes this.
  6. racooperii

Server:
    Brynhildr
    I'm hoping they have a good deal of stealth play, they've show cased at least two confirmed instances which got me a little excited.

I also kinda hope I can turn off way markers, but I'm not a fan of them but understand their place in the game.

7. Fybrile

Fybrile Administrator

Server:
    Cactaur
    They're planning episodic DLC where you will focus on one of the guys in their own episode, which makes me happy. Would have made me happier if Lunafreya could have been one of the characters we control in the DLC.

8. racooperii

Server:
    Brynhildr
    Could still be a possibility down the road.

9. Lucius Tinger

Lucius Tinger Crystal Brave

Server:
    Brynhildr
    Meh Still mad at the Noctis situation.

Also mad at Intangir on Exvius

Last edited: Aug 29, 2016