New Version Update for FFXIV ARR Beta

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Colt47, Jun 20, 2013.

1. Colt47

Colt47 Active Member

Be sure to log in via the beta launcher to get the newest update for Final Fantasy XIV ARR. It appears they just came out with it this morning and it isn't too large (only 18.25 mb).

(On a side note, I'm starting to really grasp at straws for something to post up here. Come on Phase 3 testing period 2! We need you! :p)
    Radok, Silvyen and Kaelemar like this.
  2. Danforth Wright

Danforth Wright Well Known Member

I'm all patched and ready to go!
  3. Phantomere

Phantomere Active Member

As am I! Danforth, Roll out.
    ...in a few hours.
    Danforth Wright likes this.
  4. Zelo

Zelo Active Member

Ok , What server should I re-roll on ?
  5. Kassatsu

Kassatsu Member

It's always good practice to check shortly before the beta comes up (if you are like me and have no live so you up at 5am =-P) as last week they had an update that wasn't there Thursday night.
  6. Radok

Radok Member

Patched! Now if they would just unlock the servers a few hours earlier...:happy:
  7. Silvyen

Silvyen Active Member

Why thank you, kind person. :D
  8. shaolinsword

shaolinsword Member

I finally got a code for the PS3 beta so I'm downloading now (only 5.3 hours to go!)

What time does the beta start? I missed out last weekend so I'm not sure
  9. Silvyen

Silvyen Active Member

For EST it's 5am, I believe. I'm not sure where you're from, but you should be able to convert it through Google.
    shaolinsword likes this.
  10. Novaultima

Novaultima Active Member

In around 15 hours the servers are up.

Don´t know why the server status says around 8 hours... or they don´t go up all at once(Japan first?).
  11. Caleisa

Caleisa Member

Thank you for the reminder! :)
    I tend to log in to patch things before a launch.
  12. Aster

Aster Active Member

[NA] Regarding the Login Restriction for the Legacy Worlds (Jun. 20)

We are expecting a large number of players to stay around the starting areas once the Legacy Worlds are open. Therefore, to minimize the congestion, we will be lowering the maximum number of players that can be logged in simultaneously on the Legacy Worlds. The plan is to slowly increase the capacity based on congestion level of the number of players within the starting areas.

Please note that if your login is restricted, you will receive the message “This World is currently full. Please wait until an opening is available and try again.” If you receive this message, please try again at a later time.

We apologize for any inconvenience this may cause and thank you for your understanding.
    Colt47 and Danforth Wright like this.
  13. Phantomere

Phantomere Active Member

There's a countdown here: http://arrstatus.com/ If you need the timer.

Good thing the Legacy notice doesn't concern me! Although I do wish I could have gotten in on that sick deal. 9.99 each month for 8char/server 40max.
  14. Colt47

Colt47 Active Member

Honestly I'm just going with the 180 days for 12.99. It's a good enough deal in my mind.
    Aster likes this.
  15. Phantomere

Phantomere Active Member

It's 12.99 for every month. So you pay 12.99x6 up front and you will get 8/40 for 180 days. Only for the dedicated and commited!
  16. Colt47

Colt47 Active Member

Yeah, it comes out to about $78 total for half a year.
  17. Phantomere

Phantomere Active Member

Doesn't sound as nice when it's 78$. Even personally, I'll be playing the 1 month I get from buying the game and seeing where it goes from there
  18. Colt47

Colt47 Active Member

It's a matter of perspective. I've paid $60 for a game that gets beat in one month, I'd be paying around that much for a game that has a good chance of myself returning to it every day. The problem with doing the one month sub is that if it does turn out to be something worthwhile, there is a good chance that I'll forget to change the subscription and I'll end up spending something like $96 dollars just for half a year.

It's true though, legacy players are getting a really good deal on the subscription, being that it costs them just $60 for half a year.
  19. Novaultima

Novaultima Active Member

Something is confusing me a bit. When I readed the manual of the game in the PS3 client I crossed an area where it says that only characters from the previous Final Fantasy XIV can use jobs in Beta 3. Is it actually true that newcomers won´t be able to switch to/use a job like Black Mage in the actual Beta Phase?
  20. Aster

Aster Active Member

correct, this is because FFXIV 1.0 characters are transferred with their jobs already maxed/with the ability to use a soul stone and all that jazz.