New to FFXIV

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself' started by Vereku, Jul 10, 2018.

1. Vereku

Vereku New Member

Server:
    Lamia
    Hi all, found this awesome forum from Google.

Just started playing yesterday on a free trial, but tonight upgraded to the full game. I am brand new to A Realm Reborn, although I dabbled in 1.0 when it first came out and unfortunately kind of wrote the game off as a goner.

I enjoy playing spell casters, as I have played a good amount (9 years here and there) of WoW, so I chose THM first. Besides knowing the general rules/workings of an MMO, I am very noob to FFXIV and would appreciate any help with what order to do things, tricks of the trade so to speak to make leveling and gearing as painless and fruitful as possible. I am level 20 now, on Lamia on PC. Thanks in advance for any suggestions or help!

On a personal level, I'm from San Antonio, TX, been here for about 5 years. I'm in the military, but don't hold it against me. I'm 28 and have a dog named Waffles.

Thanks for reading :)

GeekMatt, Jinzuku and Fybrile like this.
  2. Ish

Ish Scion

Server:
    Leviathan
    Welcome to the realm o/
    This game has been greatly turned around for the better. I am from Leviathan but thanks to SE having added Cross Server Party finder it makes it easier for people now:)
    You may want to check out the server specific section to see if there are Free Companies you may join
    http://www.ffxivrealm.com/forums/lamia.133/

As for levelling most Free Companies have experience buffs and also you can get food for exp as well, do Grand Company leves and also Palace of the Dead but the exp from that place is smaller. Also main story and dungeons will be most of your exp comes from

Best of luck

Vereku likes this.
  3. Fybrile

Fybrile Administrator

Server:
    Cactaur
    Welcome to the Realm!

:hello:

Vereku likes this.
  4. Jinzuku

Jinzuku Vice Administrator

Server:
    Phoenix
    Welcome to the Realm and the game
    :hello:

Vereku likes this.
  5. Ganghis

Ganghis New Member

Server:
    Diabolos
    Hey Vereku fellow noob here too lol but nice to see another service member on here!