New People Bring New Problems

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Spokey Dokey, Jul 14, 2015.

1. Sai

Sai Crystal Brave

Server:
    Brynhildr
    Watching you heal makes me nervous and awed all at once. Mostly nervous :p

GeekMatt likes this.
  2. racooperii

racooperii Warrior of Light

Server:
    Brynhildr
    When he heals me it makes me dead...

GeekMatt and kotorinbo like this.
  3. Sai

Sai Crystal Brave

Server:
    Brynhildr
    That doesn't sound like healing......

Spokey Dokey likes this.
  4. GeekMatt

GeekMatt Moderator

Server:
    Brynhildr
    I have my own unique style, Ok! GAWD so judgey

charyn, Sai and racooperii like this.
  5. Bovinity

Bovinity Adventurer

Yeah, I don't get all the "DRK are squishy/bad/etc" stuff. Mine seems just as durable - if not more, really - than my WAR. Not as durable as my PLD, but hey.

I can only figure that there are a lot of new DRK playing them like a DPS or something, because there's no real reason they should be hard to heal. In fact, I just had a healer last night say to me, "I thought DRK were supposed to be hard to heal, but you're not!" :D

6. racooperii

Server:
    Brynhildr
    For players who get what they can do, Drks are a formidible tank...in the inexperienced hands though they might as well be paper.

delta5ff likes this.
  7. Bovinity

Bovinity Adventurer

I'm not sure I understand why, though. Other than just, "Ignoring cooldowns, standing in red" I don't really get what would make a DRK "squishy". Even if they fail at the core mechanic and let Darkside fall off, there's no mitigation loss there. (Other than some cooldowns being unavailable, I guess. That could hurt if they just never have Darkside on at all.)

Maybe they're turning off Grit to use Blood Weapon. :D

8. racooperii

Server:
    Brynhildr
    Its not using Grit to boost DPS, wearing DPS acc instead of Vit, its not using Soul Eater with Grit as it is Mitigation built into the Drks rotation.

Its taking the DoT cross Class over say Bloodbath or Convalescence.

Its not using Blood Pact+(Da+Ad) in bug pulls.

There is a laundry list of what a player can do horribly wrong with drk play style.

9. Bovinity

Bovinity Adventurer

Yeah...and a lot of that is just basic stuff that would cause similar failures on other tanks, but I guess since DRK is new it's easier for people to get that bad first impression. :(

delta5ff likes this.
  10. Spokey Dokey

Spokey Dokey Crystal Brave

Server:
    Ultros
    Yeah, don't worry. Just last night I was healing Alexander 1 (A1) on my AST. I did not spread 'Balance' to the party simply because RNGesus was already being a punk and I didn't feel like having it sit on hold for a few card turns (and thus waste potential cards, buffs, etc.) So I tossed it on the one of the DPS and said to hell with it. We ended up wiping because the DPS was too slow, thus the tanks got too many stacks on them and died.

The DPS then blamed me because I didn't spread 'Balance' to the entire party. Like, what? Haha. What if I wasn't around to buff the party in the first place. . . ugh. . . people. . .

I had never wiped on Faust until then.

11. racooperii

Server:
    Brynhildr
    Theres a great saying for people like that.

While pointing one finger at me you point four at yourself.

I think it means the more you try to blame others the more likely it was your own damn fault.

Jinzuku and Gantarris like this.
  12. Spokey Dokey

Server:
    Ultros
    Well to be fair it started because I asked if our DPS was low because someone was AFK (someone did say they were going AFK, then the tank pulled of course) or if it is just low in general. I didn't mean anything buy it per se, it just meant next time around I would have to cleric stance for a bit.

13. Bovinity

Bovinity Adventurer

Yeah, it's hard to communicate intent over text sometimes. I myself have this bad habit of imagining everything that everyone says in the most sarcastic voice possible. :O

racooperii likes this.
  14. delta5ff

delta5ff Scion

For sure. At this point we are so used to the old tanks that if something goes wrong it's an exception not the rule were asthe new jobs are just that, new and people haven't had two years to min max everything and truly master them yet

15. Fiala

Fiala New Member

Server:
    Sargatanas
    Well Im still a new healer :shifty: But I try to dps and got some compliments so far

GeekMatt likes this.
  16. racooperii

Server:
    Brynhildr
    And thats fine, just...y'know, dont let the tank die lol It's all I ask of my healers, now if I over pull for their capabilities thats my bad.

17. GeekMatt

GeekMatt Moderator

Server:
    Brynhildr
    Don't listen to @racooperii, when DRKs die they just turn into the Undead, and everyone knows Zombies don't utilize HP, they just need to feed on brains.

kotorinbo likes this.
  18. Spokey Dokey

Server:
    Ultros
    Sometimes. . . I let the tanks health get really low . . . just for fun . . . cause I get bored.

Shh....

19. GeekMatt

GeekMatt Moderator

Server:
    Brynhildr
    Healer Limbo. I think I got @Bizant to 168 or something the other day which isn't super impressive but he's new to tanking and nearly soiled himself so I consider it a winning score.

20. racooperii

Server:
    Brynhildr
    Its because of you I dont watch my HP bar anymore.

GeekMatt likes this.