New AF2 Armor?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Nyekun, Oct 24, 2013.

1. Nyekun

Nyekun Active Member

Saw this on Gamefaq's the other day, which I'd assume the other person saw on the official forums or something.

I was wondering if anyone had any information on these? Some are saying they're replacing the current AF2 since those are pretty much just AF1 with color palette changes. I can't seem to google anything, probably because I'm not using the right words nor do I use the official forums. Also can't find snaps on this forum because can't look up AF2 in search and looking up the full term doesn't help.
  2. ilmaestro

ilmaestro Well Known Member

There was some incidental discussion of it in this thread: http://ffxivrealm.com/threads/full-housing.8366/

I didn't get around to finishing off watching the Live Letter yet, so I don't actually know the exact circumstances under which they started showing them, if they actually talked about them or if it was just a bit of a tease (I assume it was just Wada having some "fun" as is his trademark when he makes an appearance).
  3. Sithius

Sithius Active Member

Pretty sure that is going to be AF3 for patch 2.2. Prob level 100 gear, on par with second part of coil gear.
  4. Heras Death

Heras Death Active Member

I call i90 gear AF1.5 and AF2 from the pics is AF2. I will take a guess it will be level 100 for 2.2 and beyond.
    xusha likes this.
  5. ilmaestro

ilmaestro Well Known Member

I'm calling ilvl99.
    xusha likes this.
  6. The47thSen

The47thSen Well Known Member

They didn't say much about it other than showing off the sketches. There were short mentions about 2.2, drops in/from coil, etc., but it's pretty much anyone's guess now.

There was also equipment for 2 unknown classes, 1 looked like a Time Mage (pointy hat, checkered pants, etc), the other looked like some other melee fighter.
  7. Nyekun

Nyekun Active Member

However, if you look at the text on the images, it clearly states that class and has "AF2" on them.
    Heras Death likes this.
  8. Gara Bloodreaver

Gara Bloodreaver Well Known Member

Dat monk armor *drool*
    ShinjiMura and Heras Death like this.
  9. Kredo

Kredo Active Member

Dang it I cant look at the pictures from work.
  10. Korvi Ysengrin

Korvi Ysengrin Member

Yup, those have been floating around since the live letter. My only interest is in the Time Mage set. :p

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Would make me quite happy.
    Heras Death likes this.
  11. Gara Bloodreaver

Gara Bloodreaver Well Known Member

No subligars! No subligars ANYWHERE! *cries streaming tears of joy* I can deal with the poor excuse of body "armor" on the monks, but by god they gave us pants!
  12. lkxyz

lkxyz Active Member

FFXIV is firmly rooted in FF Tactics from the way I look at it. The MONK armor is basically FFT monk armor (complete with baggy red pants). /excitement.

[​IMG]
    Heras Death likes this.
  13. xusha

xusha Well Known Member

Warrior ones keeps getting more amazing. Sucks I just do not enjoy tanking here ha.

Thank you for the post c:
    Though I have no clue on what it is. Since I haven't been keeping up with the information at all.
  14. Heras Death

Heras Death Active Member

I LOVE THIS!!! NO MORE BRIGHT LEMON JUMP SUIT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    cinequoinon and xusha like this.
  15. xusha

xusha Well Known Member

But the neon suit is so useful at night when you're trying to jog. That way we won't run you over with our Chocobos :c
    ilmaestro and Heras Death like this.
  16. Kredo

Kredo Active Member

I couldn't tell the BLM armor and the one that maybe it feels so blah compared to everyone elses.
  17. lkxyz

lkxyz Active Member

SE is probably trying to channel the golden yellow of Shaolin Monk robe. Which, also comes in bright orange flavor.
    Heras Death likes this.
  18. Brandon Copeland

Brandon Copeland Active Member

This is what a BLM should have..

zhentarim.jpg
    garion and Kredo like this.
  19. lkxyz

lkxyz Active Member

A bit too dark for general Japanese audience.

Now this... on the other hand

[​IMG]
    Black Superman and ilmaestro like this.
  20. Brandon Copeland

Brandon Copeland Active Member

Vivi!!!
    Black Superman likes this.