Name / Race Changes?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Sines, Aug 28, 2013.

1. Sines

Sines Member

Any chance of name changes in the future? I spent three hours trying to get onto the server of my friends last night, and picked a last name without really thinking about it (since it appears only after you pick a server), and I'm not overly happy with it. If it weren't for the server problems, I'd just do it right now.

However, it's a very minor vanity thing, and I don't feel like waiting another three hours just to change my surname. So does anyone know if name changes are on the horizon for this game later on? I don't mind fees for this kind of thing, so as long as it's available eventually, I'd be happy.

Also, what, exactly, does the Fantasia, the 30 day subscription award, allow you do? When I checked out my Legacy Characters, I was given the option to change EVERYTHING about them, including Race and Name. Does Fantasia allow you to do the same, only keeping things like levels and inventory? And does anyone know if this will also be a purchasable service in the future?

Name and race are pure vanity for me, and I tend to get really picky about them, to the point where it cripples my early enjoyment of games like these. It's essentially a small bit of OCD on my part. Knowing that services like this are options (or will be options) calms that part of me down, knowing that I'm not forever stuck with choices I made before I really started playing the game, even if the changes are costly in real cash.
  2. HintOfMint

HintOfMint Active Member

Why not just restart? I can't imagine you're too far into the game. I just restarted my hero and I was level 16. I'm picky like you.

They are implementing a barber shop which allows you to change your appearance I believe. I don't know if race/name can be changed.
  3. Zhenpo

Zhenpo Member

They are going to have service rewards, for your first PAID month of service you get rank level 1 rewards which are a wind-up cursor minion and a ONE time only Gender/race/appearance change.
  4. xusha

xusha Well Known Member

If you paid 30 days of subscription you'll get a reward.
    http://lodestone.finalfantasyxiv.com/pl/topics/detail?id=10982e2b30371a138e97d0f6bf198b0ef6c9c8dc
    The first rank (1) will get you;
    Fantasia: Legend states that any who drink this mysterious liquid before lying down for the evening will awaken a new man (or woman).
    Grants you a single opportunity to edit your appearance in the character creation screen upon your next login.

Which is only given out once you paid the 30 day.
    Unless you choose the 3rd rank, where you get it instantly.

No name change services for right now.
  5. Zhenpo

Zhenpo Member

Way to repeat what I basically just said :p
  6. xusha

xusha Well Known Member

I put in more information :)
  7. Sines

Sines Member

The reason I don't do it right now is solely because of the servers. It took me three hours to get a spot on a server with my friends.

Anyway, that thing takes care of race, so that's good to hear. I'll remake for name. Hopefully servers are cleaner tonight.

EDIT: Exodus isn't letting me make characters right now. Is that likely to improve if I unmake my current character?
  8. Zhenpo

Zhenpo Member

No, But according to SE by the beginning of next week they will have the servers upgraded and they will have added more worlds
  9. geobuster

geobuster New Member

the phial does not say anything about race chance, it says appearance and gender, but nothing more.
  10. xusha

xusha Well Known Member

It has been mentioned that you can change your race as well.
  11. geobuster

geobuster New Member

Source?
  12. Zhenpo

Zhenpo Member

xusha likes this.
  13. Azsalyn Isylia

Azsalyn Isylia Newbie

Just used a Fantasia today and I can confirm that it DOES let you change your race, however, your name can NOT be changed in this way.
  14. Karamethien

Karamethien Active Member

Well hello Mr. Kitty Purry! The Male Galka convention is right this way....
    Last edited: Sep 16, 2013
    Okachobi likes this.
  15. FloDaddelt

FloDaddelt Active Member

funny ... I didnt know about this, changed my race and gender, and now my male character has a female name ... what the f**k SE?
  16. thegr8one

thegr8one Member

You can change your name if you switch servers which dont help me because of my rank 8 fc (owner) unless i switch twice and have my alt hold my place not sure how many days before you can switch servers twice
  17. Lebensohl

Lebensohl New Member

No, servers reset at the start of the day and then close for the reset of the day once the limit of logins has been reached no matter what.