Melding Cap for the newest Artisan's Apron in Patch 2.5

Discussion in 'Crafters & Gatherers' started by Caimie Tsukino, Jan 20, 2015.

1. Caimie Tsukino

Caimie Tsukino Realm Scribe

Server:
    Zalera
    I am now one of the first persons to own a fully-melded Artisan's Apron on Zalera. 1st hand information here for my fellow crafters to max the gear cap.
    [​IMG]
    Melding Cap:
    18 craftsmanship
    6 control (which you cannot max!)
    3 CP

My craftsmanship now: 464
    My control now: 414
    My CP now: 352 (same as before)

Notice if you go for 6 control, you will have to sacrifice the 3 CP or 6 craftsmanship. I decided to abandon 2 control. Cheers, everyone!

Love,
    Caimie

Last edited: Jan 20, 2015
    Jinzuku likes this.
  2. Caimie Tsukino

Server:
    Zalera
    Despite the apron being very strong and quite cute, my greatest nightmare has arrived - now every single class looks identical! :baby:

Yes, the shared apron supposes to save me much armory inventory space, but i want my weaver to look like a weaver! I also enjoy displaying many different glamor clothing using different crafting classes. Now? No more! And i am reluctant to convert all my beautiful chest pieces into materia. The end result is wardrobe explosion got worse instead of better.
    --- Double Post Merged, Jan 20, 2015, Original Post Date: Jan 20, 2015 ---
    Btw, since the gear cap is so high on this chest piece, it is important that you obtain an HQ one if you plan to pentameld it. An NQ one will never be able to reach close to the max cap.

3. I actually don't find any of the new crafting gear to be very flattering. I also like my characters to look the part. I'm all for saving armory space but I still want to look stylish as I craft. :haha:

I finally got around to getting Supras for all my crafting jobs and 4 star in four crafts and now I have to get working on the new weapons. A crafter's job is never done.

Caimie Tsukino likes this.
  4. Jinzuku

Jinzuku Vice Administrator

Server:
    Phoenix
    I'm not sure I understand this issue. When you glamour gear you don't need to keep the glamour item in your armory chest, you can deposit it and your gear will still be glamoured. Or am I missing/misunderstanding something?

5. Caimie Tsukino

Server:
    Zalera
    The shared Artisan's Apron (i60) is now a stronger chest piece than the original class-specific AF chest piece (i55), thus we want to be using the Artisan's Apron for every crafting class. However, if you try to glamour it with, lets say, Weaver's Swallowtail, then when your Carpenter wears the apron, the glamour will not show up, and will just revert back to the apron's original appearance. This is because the Swallowtail is a Weaver-specific gear, so a Carpenter cannot wear anything glamoured with the Swallowtail. I guess I can try to glamour the apron with a chest that can be worn by all classes, then it'll show up just fine for all 8 crafting classes. But that still means all 8 classes will look identical. That was my complaint here... instead of having 8 different classes each having its own cool style, i'm reduced to only 1 appearance for all my classes.
    --- Double Post Merged, Jan 21, 2015 ---

And so if I want my Weaver to have the Swallowtail-look, I have to keep the Swallowtail with me, yet I cannot do any end-game crafting with it, and can only just wear it for the appearance. This is what is happening with all 8 classes of mine. So I am carrying 9 chests now with me since the apron is the 9th.

Jinzuku likes this.
  6. Jinzuku

Server:
    Phoenix
    Right I understand now. Also I forgot that once you glamour something then no matter what class has the item equipped it will also be glamoured too.

7. Caimie Tsukino

Server:
    Zalera
    To be as selfish as I can be, I actually want S-E to give us 8 individual class-specific "final" chest gear, so that I can look cool in all 8 classes. Why I say this is a selfish idea? Because then this will be super expensive, maybe requiring like 8 Mastercraft Demimateria, and not everyone can afford it.

Although, with the recent Lucis's "upgrade concept", can't there be something that just "upgrades" our AF chest into, lets say, i90 using untradeable items? That would be a nice idea, and wont be gil-draining.

8. Jinzuku

Server:
    Phoenix
    Or at least make any glamours you do, class specific.