Mateus - Looking for friends on this server

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself' started by Y'ky Quellios, Sep 29, 2013.

1. Y'ky Quellios

Y'ky Quellios New Member

Hey there everyone!

I'm an "old" lady with kids, and FFXIV is my way to check out for a while. (I say old because I am sure I am outside the target demographic, I don't feel old. BUT, a dude hit of me the other day at McDonald's who seriously showed me his GRANDKIDS pictures, so I guess I am not as young as I once was). I'm really enjoying the game, but it is getting a little lonely. I'm on during the weekends, mostly. Sometimes, in the evenings.

Since I have little people sometimes begging for my attention, I am not the most die-hard of gamers; I just want to be upfront about that right away. But, the little people know that when mommy is busy on a quest or battle, unless they are bleeding...well...they have to wait. XD

This is really my way to have fun. I really enjoied FFXI for several years, and I am hoping that this can be the same. I like to chat and help people. I am naturally shy, but once I warm up to you I can talk a lot. I enjoy GoT, Doctor Who, Once (Upon a Time), MST3K, and MLP:FIM (thanks kids - they are singing "Smile" right now). There is a lot of acronyms there, but if you know it, you know it. I read a lot, my favorite author is Neil Gaiman, and I am totally Team Jacob (ha!! Just kidding, forgive me, please!) Hopefully, this will give you an idea of whether or not we will get along? (I was seriously kidding about the Twi reference...I liked the books ok, but the franchise killed the magic).

Thanks for reading...I hope to meet some of you in game sometime!

jay8, Joh, Er1c and 4 others like this.
  2. Genesys16

Genesys16 Crystal Brave

Hello fellow mommy (^_^). I understand the having munchkins bit. I have a 3 year-old myself. Hubby and I previously played ffxi and currently we are on adamantoise server for FFXIV and play on nights and weekend evenings. Not sure what server you are on but if you're on the giant turtle, feel free to look me up. Genesys Ravenwood.

Welcome to the realm! \(^_^)/

edit: Oh just realized your intro post had your sever (^.^; )

Last edited: Sep 29, 2013
    Y'ky Quellios likes this.
  3. JMATAWWCL

JMATAWWCL Moderator

Server:
    Mateus
    Welcome to the Realm, Y'ky! Good to see another fellow parent on here!

Hope to see you around on the forums; and enjoy the game!

4. GeekMatt

GeekMatt Moderator

I think the demographic is older than you think, and the old man with grand kids probably just wanted a hot younger woman ;) you should be flattered! You have by far the best intro I've seen yet, welcome to the realm fellow whovian, I don't play on your server but if you're ever on Brynhildr lookup Stormageddon!

5. Jedrek

Jedrek Crystal Brave

Welcome :) . You sound really nice and also seem like a pretty chill person. Hope to run into you in the servers! Once I get the game :p

6. Y'ky Quellios

Y'ky Quellios New Member

Thanks, everyone!! Here is hoping everyone is having a good week!

Jedrek likes this.
  7. Faye

Faye Adventurer

Welcome :) I think the demographic here is more varied then you might think! I have a little one too, so I usually only play here and there when she's napping, and in the evening sometimes. Also a big Neil Gaiman fan. Have fun!

8. jay8

jay8 New Member

Hey Y'ky Quellios

I love your post....A funny thing happened on how I fell onto it. I was playing ff14 and was trying to add a person (a guy from the coffee shop) to my friends list. I tried for an hour scratching my head... thinking "what am I doing wrong". So I went to google and typed in how to add a friend in ff14...lol.. Well up came this post for the server looking for a friend on mateus. I was thinking "oh what luck I am on mateus, super now I am going to see what I am doing wrong". WELL to my surprise and a good thing as well, I found your post and read it.

All I can say is AWSOME!!! I am a father of 3 wonderful kids and I play ff14 to get my mind off of the day as well. 3 kids sometimes just gets to you and you need to escape for a bit. I have been playing for almost a month now ALONE and its starting to get un fun...lol if that's a word.

It would be great to play with ya online... Oh and with more research about the friend thing and adding... you have to be online the time the friend request is made... did a little digging.

Oh by the way I read the first two books in the series while I rocked my second son...Team Jacob for me... but don't tell anyone..lol kidding.

hope to see you online...

9. KittyKet

KittyKet Adventurer

Hey, there, welcome! No kids yet since I'm recently married, but maybe one day I'll be on here screaming for advice on how do parenting.

And Team Jacob all the way (considering he's the only decent character in the series). Hope you're having a great week, too.

jay8 likes this.
  10. Kasey Clark

Kasey Clark New Member

Server:
    Mateus
    Is this discussion still live?

11. GeekMatt

GeekMatt Moderator

Died in October

delta5ff likes this.
  12. delta5ff

delta5ff Scion