Main story quests help

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Madrone Damodred, Jun 16, 2013.

1. Madrone Damodred

Madrone Damodred Active Member

I've been playing in Uldah as a THM. I can't seem to find any 10-15 main story quests. My maps all look complete and no quests. I went as far as Drybone, but no quest-givers there. The last one I completed was lvl 9 in the Horizon area of West Thanalan. If someone can check their completed quests when the servers are up and post the quest names/zones that'll at least help me be able to shout or forum prowl for info.

I keep hearing there was a line for the duty, honor, country quest. But where? And where is that quest started?
  2. Scarlet Witch

Scarlet Witch Member

i have the same question :(
  3. Silken

Silken Member

Since i only did this yesterday you would think I could help, but I was playing for the first time and was more concerned about getting used to the UI than talking note of the quests. :(

However, you should always (at least at this level) have the main class quest either open in your Journal or available to get at the THM guild. I seem to remember the one around that level was to kill some fish things (yeah I told you i don't take note of this sort of stuff lol) have you done that? Cos my quests did dry up until I could find them. After that I want back and got something to do with getting stolen goods back and then talking to some merchants. This was definitely around lvl 10 since I remember other guilds opening up after. I can get the names next weekend. Sorry for the rather poor help, I just wasn't taking that much in.
  4. Scarlet Witch

Scarlet Witch Member

yeah that was the quest to kill 8 efts xD, who by the way. didnt showed up as much
  5. Silken

Silken Member

Well i think the one after is the lvl 10 one, if i remember correctly it's to do with getting some stuff back stolen from merchants. Maybe you have to be level ten to get it from the guild, but it's definitely there. Maybe do a couple of Fates. But the only advice I can give you is to keep leveling and keep going back to the main class quest guys in the guild, it should at some point be available. Also try the adventurer woman in the inn. Those are the main quest points in the game from what i can make out so far.

just noticed that Madrone has level 75 peeps in the old game, pretty sure he/she knows to go back to the guild. woops. No idea why you're getting the issue. I'll post the quests completed and locations next Friday/Saturday.
  6. Madrone Damodred

I just got Scathe from the level 15 THM quest before the end of the weekend. Guild quest line is not the same as main story though is it?
  7. Sword

Sword Well Known Member

In order to avoid spoilers they limited the ability to complete Main Scenario quests starting around 15, this was blocked for Alpha and P1 and P2 as well. Fact is you probably won't be a whole lot for quests past the 10-15 level range.
  8. Madrone Damodred

The problem is I can't enter dungeons until I advance further into the main story.

I remember I fought a gargoyle kinda thing around level 6 with Thancred's help, and a few levels later saved a scholarly-looking NPC from a Golem, and Thancred showed up afterwards. What's next?
  9. Sword

Sword Well Known Member

Might be missing something along the way, the next series of quests isn't always straight forward or right in front of you and might require you to level a little higher to proceed.
  10. Zane

Zane Member

Mine was like LV 10 in Gridania. Really interesting boss fight.
  11. Madrone Damodred

12. Marielle

Marielle Newbie

I have the same issue. Im a lvl 30 conjurer who started in Gridania, at lvl 28 I finished the main quest "Power of Deduction" and the next quest was too high for me so I went to lvl my character etc. Problem now is that I can't find the next story quest anymore. I have looked at recommended.
  13. Sword

Sword Well Known Member

Once you beat the level 25 or 30 class quest you go right into the Job Questline now. To begin the Job questline go to your respective Guild and talk with one of the NPC's behind the counter who will guide you to your job represenitive.

Quick Edit: You also need to fulfill the jobs pre-requisite sub class requirements, such as with GLA having Conj to 15 and Mrd to 30 (or vice versa I forget).
  14. Genesys16

Genesys16 Active Member

The quest you are looking for is called "Duty Honor Country"

Here's a brief walk through... SPOILER ALERT:

It's a quest you will get from Momodi at the Inn.
    She tells you about stolen goods, then you are off to talk to Owyne (or however that is spelled) . He is upstairs by chamber of rule I believe.

You should already have the recommendations pop up. Look for exclamation points surrounded by a fire like symbol over NPCs... that symbolizes a story mode quest. If you are unable to this quest, it might be that you have not done the previous quest called: Oh Captain my Captain (lv 14 fight). You have to look for NPC fufulopa (little lalafel dude). As far as where fufulopa is, I believe he is in Western Thantala (sorry it's been awhile).