Arcanist Main Attributes pts for Arcanist?

Discussion in 'Disciples of Magic' started by Ace, Aug 20, 2013.

1. Ace

Ace Newbie

Hi all, i've play arcanist in OB,and was curious about how the main attribute should i put,reason was
    i interest in playing both summoner and scholar both required arcanist as main....as we know summoner is dps class (int) but scholar is support class so considering mnd for stats,does it means that i have to balance both int and mnd?
  2. ShinSuta

ShinSuta Member

If you really want to play both at the same time, I would say yes, you'll have to balance INT and MND.
    But you won't be as good as another "pure" SMN or a "pure" SCH who puts points in one unique category.

We should be able to redo the points distribution at some point, so my guess is go for it, test it to see if it's viable. And if not you'll reset it later.
    PurelySavage likes this.
  3. DejaVu

DejaVu Member

You can split them or decide which you want to max out. Personally I'm going all MND because i plan on playing it more as a SCH. I just hope when you equip SCH stone its base MND and INT switch or something because my MND is way lower even with points added on ACN. I'll be leveling other DPS classes and maxing them out so I figure if there's a time we need lots of damage I can always go something other then SMN.
    PurelySavage likes this.
  4. PurelySavage

PurelySavage Well Known Member

Yea, so far, usually if you are going SCH its all MND and if summoner all INT, I haven't really seen a balanced one yet, I am sure you can do it though.
  5. Grembo

Grembo Active Member

Scholar & Summoner can use Cleric Stance cross class right?Never played healer role or Summoner but if they can use Cleric Stance i'm guessing you could go pure Mind and use Cleric Stance?
  6. ShinSuta

ShinSuta Member

Someone smart said yesterday in another thread that only SCH had access to Cleric Stance. So that won't do.
    And by the way Arcanist has a really high INT gain, at level 20 I'm about 80 int for 50 mind and I put all points I had in mind, so going for full mind SMN and using cleric stance would mean you lose this high base int of the arcanist/summoner.
    PurelySavage likes this.
  7. DejaVu

DejaVu Member

Yeah I'm really hoping SCH using cleric stance means our MND and INT will flip and you can just use stance to swap for your DoTs etc. I think the best would be if you equip sch your base MND and INT before extra attribute points swaps. If SCH doesn't get a significant MND boost then it will hurt them a lot.
    PurelySavage likes this.
  8. Rena

Rena Active Member

I was wondering how a pure PIE Build would do. Sense mana regen for ACN works on %mana, how big of sustain would 30 PIE actually offer ? Moreso how mp hungry are SCH and SMN at 50 in the first place ?
    Last edited: Sep 5, 2013
  9. ilmaestro

ilmaestro Well Known Member

I'd be interested to hear that, too. I've ignored PIE completely since it seems borderline impossible to run out of MP with ACN or SCH so far, but I guess it could change at endgame.
  10. DejaVu

DejaVu Member

I'm up to 40 now on SCH and only time i had mp issues was an intense titan fight and i forgot to use aetherflow every min it was up.
  11. The47thSen

The47thSen Well Known Member

Wait, doesn't that make perfect sense?
    If only Scholar can do Cleric Stance, what's wrong with dumping everything into INT for Summoner and using the skill when you switch?
  12. vicious

vicious Active Member

You take a 20% hit on healing when in Cleric Stance, so you're looking at a loss.