lvl 20 quests

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Fuin, Aug 28, 2013.

1. Fuin

Fuin Member

Hi all,

got a quick question, what to do at lvl 20? :)
    I have no quests left and can't find any new ones, been running about.

Thanks in advance!
    ( I did my story quests, and next part is at lvl 25 )
  2. Mycroft

Mycroft Active Member

Depending on which city state you started in, you could go to the other regions and quest there.
    Repeat some of the dungeons, do levequests, do guildhests perhaps.. Of course you could also start exploring, as you aren't taken through the level 20-23 areas through the early parts of the story, but rather have to find them yourself (unless you count that bit of the East Shroud that you have to pass through).
  3. ilmaestro

ilmaestro Well Known Member

Hunting Log?
    Fuin likes this.
  4. Fuin

Fuin Member

Thank you! :)
  5. Silken

Silken Member

Try going to 'The Waking Sands'. Minfilia or the guy in the next room may have your next task. It's here that you start getting task at around that level. If not then i suggest you post your role and the last quest you did in your journal, that way people get check against their journal log. You will have to google waking sands it's near horizon.
  6. Mycroft

Mycroft Active Member

This is also a likely scenario, if you by the level 20 story quests only refer to the quests leading up to you gaining access to a Grand Company. After that you have to make your way back to Minfilia in the Waking Sands, but you don't get a quest telling you to.
    Last edited: Aug 28, 2013
  7. Legwen

Legwen Well Known Member

Reposting.
    Best advice i can offer is to to explore. Use the hunting log to figure out levels of each zone. I cant even tell you which zones right now are what levels because every zone in the game is named the same thing. But look at your hunting log. Use that as a reference, obviously complete the log, but then There should be a few quests in each zone the log takes you to. Theres 3-5 zones that you can do (Outside of each city) that is around 20-25. So example; Hunting log says kill 4 things in gridinia that are 25, theres probably lvl 25 quests there. Vesper bay area, same thing. Etc etc. Just use the hunting log as a guide to show you where you should be,... It sounds simple but its really hard to figure out where you need to go because of the lack of bread crumb quests or guides or information.
    I recommend NOT leveling side classes right now. Honestly, Either do your primary, or do a tradeskill. Armory bonus is bigger the farther away your primary is. That and you dont want to screw your primary over by leveling a secondary class and stealing all the quests. ONE EXCEPTION BEING. YOU GET A HEAL FOR BEING A LEVEL 2 CONJ. ITS BAD, BUT GET IT.
    FATE farming sounds great in theory, but it really just means a lot of waiting around, i have done a good ammount of fates and i will do them as much as possible but i dont wait around for them. i still need to do haltali or whatever that instance is honestly. and im like 26 27 lol its sad.

Secondary classes get an armory bonus. and recieve an experience bonus based on how far your primary level is. Think about 50%. I recommend saving the level 1-5 quest in the other 2 cities for your other classes, but complete anything above level 12 without caution. Thats just me though. Try Vesper bay area which is western thalanan off of ul'dah, Or Aletown, off of limo linso Ferry. Both are good (Aletown is closer and less running)... Theres enough quests in both there to boost you to level 22 or so. Then the real trouble begins. After that try South or East shroud, i dont remember which one is considered the black shroud.
  8. Fuin

Fuin Member

Thx this was really helpful!
    And didn't know about the heal :)