Low level quests

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by jburley903, Aug 19, 2013.

1. jburley903

jburley903 Member

One thing that bugs me is that after you level up a few new classes you run out of lower level quests to do. So you spend a lot of time grinding or spamming levequests.

I just think it wouldn't be a bad idea to make some of the lower quests re-doable for when you swap classes.

This isn't a HUGE deal but i think it would be alot better.
  2. Matthias

Matthias New Member

Ugh, I was afraid this was going to happen. It may make me just consider rolling another toon for every class...though I was hoping to just stick with one character.

Were there no lower level quests in the other cities then?

I don't like to grind endlessly for hours.
    Legwen likes this.
  3. jburley903

jburley903 Member

There are, but after 2-3 different classes leveled up you run out.

It's doable, i just think it would be better if you still had the option to do those quests.
    Legwen likes this.
  4. Legwen

Legwen Well Known Member

I was surprised that the new classes didnt go through there own quest line, or line or quests that would MOSTLY level you, maybe leave you behind the curve, but .. (thats ok! you would have cross class abilties) and then you'd be able to experience each area, I WAS LET DOWN. Spamming levequests is alright, but theres a cap, wtfz.

The best MMO leveling experience i had so far was SWOTOR, the leveling in that game was AMAZING, LOVED IT, was better than the end game tho. Rift was pretty good too for leveling.

IT STILL AMAZES ME HOW EACH GAME DOES CERTAIN THINGS RIGHT BUT NEW ONES NEVER COMBINE ALL THE STR's OF EACH GAME TO WIN AT LIFE.

SWOTOR leveling, Rift style zone events, WOW style focus'd end game. WOW style market. (Insert game here) PVP (i dont normally PVP), Crafting i havent tried yet in this game so i'll hold judgement buuuut EQ2 Crafting was pretty amazing it was a miny game you actively had to play in to craft things... annoying but made crafting MUCH more interesting and meaningful.

Like i said in a previous thread, the fact that this game has no zone phasing is pathetic in my eyes, Phasing makes games and the quests means something and its amazing. After i slay all the invaders in all the quests i want the invasion to end. why doesnt this "new" mmo have a modern but not new mechanic?
  5. Stop-whining

Stop-whining Newbie

Pfft, the leves, fates and hunting guides were more than enough for me, I didn't even use the other low level quests from other zones. 6 classes to 20, IMO leveling is to easy.
    Lion's Fall likes this.
  6. Lion's Fall

Lion's Fall Active Member

Fates are a good way to level. They are frequent and dole out good rewards. I'd save Leves and low level quests for primary classes. Main story for main class.

I got a bunch of low level quests too.
  7. Grembo

Grembo Active Member

Got all the way to 20 in less than a day and barely touched the low level quests (outside of the main story), there's far quicker ways to level up though they can be a nice alternative.
  8. Legwen

Legwen Well Known Member

LET ME START OFF WITH; I AM SO HONORED THAT WOULD MAKE YOUR ACCOUNT JUST FOR WITTLE OL' ME.
    AND LET ME CONTINUE BY SAYING, DAT DIS NOT BE ME COMPLAINING!

I don't think i said anything about leveling being hard. I said they should have had a more detailed class quest system, (perhaps like Swotor) that would be able to keep you leveling in that class, where you would roughly, just need to do that and a tiny ammount of other exp grind (fate etc) to keep up with your altclasses.

YOU ACTUALLY READ WHAT YOU WANTED TO SEE IN MY POST AND THEN REPLIED WITH WHAT YOU WANTED TO SAY. YOUR REPLY WASNT ON TOP WITH WHAT I SAID, WHILST MY REPLY BEING PERFECTLY ON TOPIC WITH THE CURRENT THREAD. THIS THREAD IS ABOUT CRITICISM OF LOW LEVEL QUESTS. I BID YOU A DEW GOOD SIR. GOOD DAY.
  9. Nick Mouti

Nick Mouti Member

What I did was level one class in each of the starting cities cause they all have the various low level quests. I levelled Gladiator in Ul'Dah and then went to Gridania to level Conjurer because each nation has their own low level quests. One thing that did piss me off though was that you can accept quests that you can't finish because you're under the level. I mean I got to a point where I accept a couple quests to kill some "Dirty Mongrels" that were level 16 but when I finished killing them, I couldn't claim my rewards for the completion of the quest because I needed to be level 18 when I was only level 16...why give me the quest AND even let me fulfill the requirements of it if I can't even finish it?
  10. jburley903

jburley903 Member

Haha that was really frustrating to me as well. I remember i had like 8 quests to turn in, but every time i went back i was to low of level... big "WTF!!!" moment.
  11. Nick Mouti

Nick Mouti Member

The monsters were level 16 so you could kill them with some difficulty starting at level 13 so why would you need level 18? I don't get it!
  12. Draven

Draven New Member

Fates level you stupidly fast and with a party of 8? that's 200% exp increase.