Lodestone Beta Release Update

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Blunt Hound, Jun 18, 2013.

1. Blunt Hound

Blunt Hound Member

Just released that the Lodestone beta is to go live 8pm pdt on June 18.....today!
  2. Kassatsu

Kassatsu Member

I hope so, I was disappointed when they delayed it. I'm really excited to see what they did. I hope it is just as much of an improvement as the game itself.
  3. Jesse Welch

Jesse Welch Active Member

Lodestone beta? I am ashamed to say I have not heard of this. May I have a link please?
  4. Kassatsu

Kassatsu Member

It isn't up yet. They are doing it in 30mins. after it is up I'm sure someone will post a link (or I will whoever does first). They have been saying there would be a new lodestone for ARR and it would go live between phase 3/4.
  5. Blunt Hound

Blunt Hound Member

its in the beta tester forums under news then general sorry cant link ( working off of old tablet, has a mind of its own)

edit: by "it" i mean the post that mentention the release, not the lodestone website
  6. Kassatsu

Kassatsu Member

It is now actually listed on the beta forums. Check it, it looks amazing!
  7. Danforth Wright

Danforth Wright Well Known Member

8. Sora Ryuu

Sora Ryuu Member

Looks Dark and serious. Much better than the old one.
    Kolossus likes this.
  9. Aster

Aster Active Member

I LOVE IT!!!
  10. Kolossus

Kolossus Active Member

That site got one hell of an overhaul. Love the look of it "way mo betta" now.

I'm wondering how well it will compete against Guildwork. For those that don't know what Guildwork is, it's basically the Facebook of WoW, XIV and especially XI. It was mentioned earlier this morning that integration with the new Lodestone was being worked on now. Another reason this site is so popular, aside from having something like a FB profile for your account/character, it also provides very smooth hosting for Guild/Clan/Linkshell websites.

I feel I should add in, too, that it's not a community site, like the Realm is. It's only for hosting and social media. Not trying to steal traffic away from my favorite XIV community site. ;)
  11. Colt47

Colt47 Active Member

If anything the new lodestone matches the Aesthetics of A Realm Reborn much better than the previous one did. It's also nice to be able to log into an actual web page and see my character and his statistics.
  12. Kolossus

Kolossus Active Member

If you're in the Beta, you should be able to log in. Your character page does exactly what you'd like it to do.
  13. Orien

Orien Well Known Member

Can't wait until they get more stuff added to it. I actually liked a lot of the old Lodestone except I thought the layout and color scheme was just hideous. I loved all the info about the GCs and the newsletters and such in those sections.

With the new one I like that we get a character model in the character section. I can only assume this is basically what the character sheet screen is going to look like in game once they render the 3d model instead of the outline we still have now. The new page is nice.
  14. Blunt Hound

Blunt Hound Member

yea, it looks pretty awesome, like the different search functions, looking at my character. its almost like our toons have facebook pages lol
  15. Phantomere

Phantomere Active Member

Looks slick. The old one looked nice too, but was a bit cluttered and overwhelming. I'm enjoying the fact that there are privacy settings and that you can see every aspect of ones' character.