Let the hunt begin

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Skinah8706, Nov 22, 2017.

1. Skinah8706

Skinah8706 New Member

Server:
    Chaos
    Hey guys, apologies if this is in the wrong thread but I have a bit of a strange one.

I know how to unlock "let the hunt begin" and am currently working my way through rank 2 of the maelstrom hunts. But my problem is, the guy outside the door that offers the quest (can't remember his name) once you have done the pre requisite, is not showing the quest anymore. He definitely did at one point, as I remember seeing it. He now only offers one level 47 quest, which, if I take, his marker is shown on my map as a quest symbal with a little plus, as if he has another quest that I haven't met the requirements for, but if I talk to him, he has nothing.

I know I shouldnt be able to accept the quest yet, because I havent completed what I need to, but surely the quest should still be in his list no? With the same symbal next to it, with the red quest icon and a + next to it.

Anyone else had experience of this? Will it just suddenly appear once I have done the requirements? I feel like I've bugged out the npc somehow.

Thanks in advance for any help

2. Caimie Tsukino

Caimie Tsukino Realm Scribe

Server:
    Zalera
    If an NPC has 2 available quests at the same time, you should be able to see both quests when you click on the NPC, and you should be able to select the one that you want to take. Anyway, the quest that you were talking about has nearly no significance anyway. Hunting logs are mostly for GC seals, which most of us can get plenty from many sources, like turning in dungeon drops to the GC, or even doing the actual "The Hunt", which involves taking down Rank B, Rank A or Rank S monsters that give you centurio seals as well. If you're interested in particular rewards of completing the hunting log, you just need to speak to Jonathas at Apkallu Falls in Old Gridania after you have completed the log. The NPC at maelstrom is pretty much useless anyway. I wouldn't worry too much about it.

3. GeekMatt

GeekMatt Moderator

Server:
    Brynhildr
    If a NPC doesn't have a quest its very very likely that you've accepted it already or haven't done a prerequisite. Once accepted it disappears from the NPC and will sit in your Journal until completed. I would check your journal's uncompleted section for the quest, and if it's not there check the Completed section to see if it's done.

Any quests unlocked by that quest won't appear until the previous has completed.

You can see all about that quest and find which quests came before/after right here: https://ffxiv.gamerescape.com/wiki/Let_the_Hunt_Begin_(Maelstrom)