Launcher is black

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Cole, Aug 17, 2013.

1. Cole

Cole New Member

Hi,

I have tried reinstalling the launcher and have made sure it is the latest version but every time i start it up its just a black box,

Screenshot: [​IMG]

I am using Windows 8.

Thanks.

2. Lorthar

Lorthar New Member

A friend of mine is having exactly the same problem and i'd love to know what the cause is

3. fluttersnipe

fluttersnipe Crystal Brave

Some silly things to try.

-Run the installer as admin
    -Completely shut down your virus scanner
    -Do both at once

Cole likes this.
  4. Cole

Cole New Member

Thanks for the suggestions but i just tried them and that didn't work either.

5. fluttersnipe

fluttersnipe Crystal Brave

Damn. Sorry, thats all I can think of :(.

Cole likes this.
  6. Cole

Cole New Member

I may have solved it, at least for Windows 8.

I reset Internet Explorer settings to default, by doing the following.

Code:
    To reset Internet Explorer settings manually

Close anyInternet Explorer or Windows Explorer windows that are currently open.

Open Internet Explorer by clicking the Start button Picture of the Start button, and then clicking Internet Explorer.

Click the Tools button, and then click Internet Options.

Click the Advanced tab, and then click Reset.

Select the Delete personal settings check box if you would like to remove browsing history, search providers, Accelerators, home pages, and InPrivate Filtering data.

In the Reset Internet Explorer Settings dialog box, click Reset.

When Internet Explorer finishes applying default settings, click Close, and then click OK.

Close Internet Explorer.

Your changes will take effect the next time you open Internet Explorer.

EarendilGS likes this.
  7. Pandalishus

Pandalishus Crystal Brave

Oh, in that case, @fluttersnipe missed a step: uninstall Windows 8 and go back to 7. ;)

fluttersnipe likes this.
  8. Killuario

Killuario New Member

This will work for windows 7 as well. It appears to be an Internet Explorer issue. Thanks for the solution :p

9. Karamethien

Karamethien Crystal Brave

It seems to be the retrace certificate. Prior to seeing the error I didn't even know such a thing existed. However mine fixed itself.

10. Preythesun

Preythesun New Member

How did all of you guys get this to work? I just purchased this today from amazon, and haven't played it yet because I still get the black launcher. Nothing seems to load and I tried to mess around with IE in every way suggested, but I still have no progress. All of my other friends ran into no trouble, I figured I'd be fine too but I have the same exact situation as Cole, black, blank screen, nothing loads.

Please help, been up all night trying to figure out something so silly, which I know there is a dumb solution. I also opened a ticket.

Thank you! Smn17@optonline.net

11. EarendilGS

EarendilGS New Member

This is my same black screen problem, different launcher version though. How do I submit a ticket to them?

Oh, And this comes up:
    --- Double Post Merged, Nov 16, 2013, Original Post Date: Nov 16, 2013 ---
    Hey dudes, update. I meddled with Internet Explorer (ikr, why the heck would one have to do that) and my launcher worked!! I hope this is the only time i have to deal with dumb issues. Thanks Cole FOR SAVING MY LIFE.

Attached Files:

12. Stax

Stax Adventurer

I was going to say I had this same problem a while back and didn't know what to do.

Turned out that I had my internet settings for Windows too high and it wasn't allowing me to see the loaded images. Regardless, after I reset things back to their original settings everything got fixed.

Glad you found that out.

Cheers!