Last class in Storm Blood is Samurai!!!

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Caimie Tsukino, Feb 18, 2017.

1. Caimie Tsukino

Caimie Tsukino Realm Scribe

Server:
    Zalera
  2. Jinzuku

Jinzuku Vice Administrator

Server:
    Phoenix
    I really thought Samurai was going to be a Tank class. I'm happy it's a DPS class though, but then I'm biased as I'm a DPS player.

So am I right in believing that SB only has 2 new jobs, Red Mage and Samurai? Or did I miss one?

3. Caimie Tsukino

Server:
    Zalera
    Me too! After getting DRK and WAR 60, I already threw away all my lower level tank gear, so it would suck if it were a tank class.
    Although, I have also threw away some of my lower level strength accessories as well after getting DRG 60... I suspect that Samurai would probably has strength as attribute. Not sure though!

There's been some speculations on the attribute of Red mage. What's the current consensus at the moment? Intelligence or dexterity?

Red mage and Samurai are the only ones I know!

4. Billy Batsonn

Billy Batsonn Crystal Brave

Server:
    Brynhildr
    SAM and RDM are the only jobs we're getting but happy with that. Balance all the number of classes we have now so that good, plus they can balance all the tanks and healers we got now.

Also hoping since SAM sharing gear with MNK apparently, it get buffs by dragon kick. Really wanted another class to benefit from it.

5. Skylock

Skylock Crystal Brave

Server:
    Gilgamesh
    I'm pretty happy that SAM is DPS. I was bummed that DRK was a tank, even though I am leveling/loving DRK right now. But the XI player in me really wished that they were both DPS.

I'm not much for melee DPS, so I'll probably gravitate towards RDM first, but SAM is just an insanely cool job/concept.

6. Caimie Tsukino

Server:
    Zalera
    My guess is that SAM is going to start off from level 30. It will have it own unique weapons. The question is, will some of the level 50-59 gear (left) be able to be shared between SAM and other jobs? I have a feeling it's going to share gear with DRG, since the armor-like DRG gear seem to fit SAM ok between 50-59, and also currently DRG gear are not shared among any other jobs. I could be wrong though... If SAM ends up as a DEX-based job, it might share gear with NIN instead. But since the crafted gear for NIN (50-59) can be worn by both MNK and NIN, it would be rather strange to crowd SAM into those gear as well... It'll further lower the value of DRG crafted gear (50-59).

RDM might share with BLM and SMN, perhaps? Or will it share with NIN? I think it depends whether RDM is INT-based or DEX-based. My current guess is INT.

The reason I am interested in thinking about these little things is because I can pre-craft all these gear, and sell them first hand to make a crap load of cash when the expansion comes out. Also, it's important for me to keep the dungeon drops for these classes at the moment, so that I don't discard them right before I need them in Storm Blood.

When new classes come out, there will also be a sudden high need for crafted, shiny primal weapons. So it might be a good time to plan ahead, and collect more Extreme Primal drops.

7. Caimie Tsukino

Server:
    Zalera
    Watch this first:

Then watch this:

8. Skylock

Skylock Crystal Brave

Server:
    Gilgamesh
    If I recall from my XI days, Samurai shared a lot of gear with Monk, but it would definitely be over-crowded - especially when it comes to looting. That's not to say XIV follows XI in any true way with gear, mind you.

Few things are as disheartening in a 24-man raid when 2-3 other DPS classes in your party are gunning for the same items.

We have to remember as well - the battle system is getting overhauled, so a stat that may currently apply to classes now may not apply to classes come 4.0.

9. Billy Batsonn

Server:
    Brynhildr
    Yoshi said on stage it will share gear with MNK and for right now both RDM and SAM start at level 50. So we got 3 mind jobs, 3 vit jobs, 3 dex, 3 str, and 3 int (if RDM is int, which it probably is being range dps)

10. Caimie Tsukino

Server:
    Zalera
    If this is the case, then the MNK gear (crafted 50-59) will be able to be worn by MNK, NIN and SAM, while the DRG gear can only be worn by DRG. Sucks to be DRG, LOL!

11. Billy Batsonn

Server:
    Brynhildr
  12. Ish

Ish Scion

Server:
    Leviathan
    I think since now it will be 9 total dps that is a bit much.
    Or it could just be because of my disappointment of no Dancer :(
    Queue times as dps may be slightly longer also for dps
    Oh and yes it was confirmed in some of the notes (or perhaps interview?) that only 2 jobs would be added and nothing else was planned.

I too am curious if Red Mage will share gear with smn and blm

Last edited: Feb 21, 2017
  13. Skylock

Skylock Crystal Brave

Server:
    Gilgamesh
    So, I'm a little confused about Dancer. Or atleast, what we assume was Dancer in the trailer.

From what I've read/heard, they said they have no intentions of adding mid-expansion jobs (like NIN), but also said they might consider it when they find balance among the 15 established jobs.

Lets assume they actually have no intention of adding jobs beyond RDM and SAM during 4.0 -- what was with the obvious Dancer showing in the Stormblood trailer? It seems like a lot of wasted effort to show a trailer with Dancer and Samurai instead of Red Mage and Samurai.

14. Ish

Ish Scion

Server:
    Leviathan
    Well the arguements still go on for the trailer, most think it is simply 2 Monks (just the female has more stylised fighting).
    I still had though there was slight chance of Dancer, and she does wear Dancer like shoes but she is simply a Monk probably.
    Yoshi did say only 2 jobs for Stormblood but may look into other jobs once the current ones are balanced, meaning it will most likely not happen until 5.0

People were also grasping at straws when Yoshi had a spiderman shirt on saying it had to be blu mage, but we know how that turned out, lol. If at all Dancer is a job more popular then blu and probably on par with SAM but they decided to go with yet another dps...

At this point since i did not get Dancer i may switch my main of blm to Red, and hope that the storyline is longer and very good :)

15. Caimie Tsukino

Server:
    Zalera
    Not that I have any complaint of the sexiness of the new female monk, but......
    [​IMG]

Jinzuku likes this.
  16. Skylock

Skylock Crystal Brave

Server:
    Gilgamesh
    That makes sense. I guess I just thought because of the different color auras that it was suggested to be another job as well.

Ah well. Bring on Red Mage!

17. Billy Batsonn

Server:
    Brynhildr
    There always 5.0 I guess, hoping the new battle system and balancing works out. They said something about job specific UIs and bars for watch buffs like BotD and that sound cool.

18. Jinzuku

Jinzuku Vice Administrator

Server:
    Phoenix
    If there are focusing on re-working jobs rather than adding new ones then it'll probably make the existing jobs feel new.

I wouldn't even be surprised if they figure out a way to remove all the classes and have the jobs start from level 1.

19. ByteStix

ByteStix New Member

Server:
    Adamantoise
    I'm still learning WHM. :<

20. SAM benefiting from blunt damage buff doesn't make sense to me. I mean Katanas are like the sharpest swords around meant for dismemberment and decapitation. Would make more sense if it's slashing but I digress. I'm happy either way that they are adding SAM as DPS. I really enjoyed SAM in FFXI since it was a fairly unique DPS class. Here is hoping it will be unique and fun to play as well in FFXIV.

I'm still loving WAR in FFXIV since it has elements of WAR from all the FF titles mixed in with counter-stance from SAM and MNK and self healing. I think I might be dropping SMN for RDM in the next X-Pac. I play WAR as a DPS basically disguised as a tank. I really like hybrid jobs and WAR is totally up my alley in that regard.

SMN was my first job to 50 in 2.5 and my main job because it reminded me the most of RDM from FFXI with all the DoT management and debuffs. The pet was just a bonus since it was something else to micro manage. XD

RDM seems really flashy from the trailer. XD Can't wait!

For those coming back or resubbing and planning on playing the new jobs. I would start hoarding 50-60 gear. Get rid of anything lower. I'm going to start doing that now because I have like 8 retainers full of gear from 1-60 for every class/job atm. >_<" Plus crafting mats.