Is there anyway to xfer UI settings between computers?

Discussion in 'Tech Support' started by Fenseven, Sep 1, 2013.

1. Fenseven

Fenseven Adventurer

Like the title says, i want to xfer all my UI settings from my desktop to my laptop.

2. fluttersnipe

fluttersnipe Crystal Brave

I don't even think the UI gets saved when you change it, so I doubt it.

3. Maxism

Maxism Adventurer

At the moment I frequently play between my lappy and desktop.

Go to your User/Name/My Documents/My Games/FFXIV folder or something. It's full name is Final Fantasy XIV - A Realm Reborn. Folder path isn't exactly like that but you'll easily dig it out.

I copied this entire folder over (just replace the folder there) and it should work. Everytime I finish playing on one machine I open the shortcut to that folder and copy and paste it in dropbox. All I do is copy from dropbox and replace in the same location of the other computer.

It's a little tedious but you get all your gear sets, HUD configurations, hotbars and etc. It even copies resolution and in game settings which you may need to change. No biggy though! I normally spend like 10 minutes adjusting all the crafting/combat sets and this is far more efficient.

Hope this helps.

4. Fenseven

Fenseven Adventurer

the whole folder? alright thanks.

5. Karamethien

Karamethien Crystal Brave

just copy the whole folder. better safe than sorry :) And it works. but it doesn't include your game settings. Seems to include just your character settings.

You can delete the screenshot though. I doubt you need that and they can be big

6. Sevenor Stark

Sevenor Stark New Member

SE built in a backup config for your settings, to create a back up of character config & UI settings I did the following.

-Right click desktop icon
    -Open file location
    -Open ffxivconfig.exe
    -Create backup

hopefully you can take it from there ^^