I have been thinking about the combat a lot lately...

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Alvarion, Jul 15, 2013.

1. Balaur

Balaur Crystal Brave

I agree fully. Both tanks and Lancers have a ranged attack move that looks the same for each job: Javelin, Tomahawk, Shield Lob. The melee classes all have the same Limit Break, the ranged classes theirs, healers theirs (assuming for Arcanist/Scholar here) and the tanks theirs. More interestingly, having a Pugilist do a "Bladedance" seems ... ill in keeping with the knuckles/hand-to-hand style of the class; when a Lancer does this, it's not an issue: He has a bladed weapon. But the animation makes me think of Cloud's Limit Break.

2. Alvarion

Alvarion Crystal Brave

There's a reason for that. That's because it is Cloud's Limit Break lol

3. Tigris

Tigris Adventurer

There are mobs later in the game with attacks, which you should avoid (by going out of their range of effect).
    There are also effects (from other classes) that have additional effect depending on your position (behind mob or flank).
    Then there are also adds and attacks which deal damage in a line or around you or heal the target and in a circle around it and so on, so you have to find a good positions in order to use them.

So I don't think the combat is allways just stationary. But of course if zou have a lowlevel conjurer it can be, but it doesn't have to be for the entire game!

deneathor and Clonk like this.
  4. lolguy123

lolguy123 Adventurer

I think that in combat that the conjurer/white mage cant cast raise during combat is stupid. However, even though its more challenging, raise loses it usefulness which is terrible. Maybe they should get phoenix down to be in the game?

5. Tigris

Tigris Adventurer

The conjurer and white mage can use raise in combat. They have a trait allowing this as far as I know.

Also I think this is not something which makes that much of a difference.

6. Najla

Najla Scion

Server:
    Adamantoise
    Yes this is almost correct! (28, not 30 but close enough )

Raise
    Conjurer Lv.12​
    Your basic raise, can not use while in combat.

Enhanced Raise
    Conjurer Lv.28​
    Allows the casting of Raise while engaged in battle.

7. ThadeusStern89

ThadeusStern89 Crystal Brave

Abilities are a tad dull, I'll agree with that. And the chains are not only helpful, but necessary. Not using True Thrust > Vorpal Thrust > Full Thrust is simply bad use of TP since there's no way to do more damage. So you're stuck using those same abilities. You do have some options with abilities that don't use TP such as Leg Sweep and whatever equivalents exist in other classes but yes it can be tedious.