Hunting Log misleading?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by FunkTheWorld, Aug 27, 2013.

1. NeptuNe

NeptuNe New Member

check out http://xivdb.com/
    a sister site from wowhead.com (wow players should be familiar)
    just enter the mob's name in the search column and there will be a map shading on area will appear
    Thel likes this.
  2. Lilybet

Lilybet Active Member

I haven't found it -too- difficult to find the hunting log mobs.. but I run around a lot on maps so I usually just bump into them at some point.
    To be fair, it seems to be the same with the gathering log. They give you the name of the area you can find them in and then you just have to hop to it and search.
    Takes a bit of getting used to, for sure.
  3. Falchetto

Falchetto Member

Yeah ive checked everywhere three times :/ i dont give up easily... they really are not there!
  4. shaolinsword

shaolinsword Member

Outside of Invisible City near Golden Bazaar, Eastern Thanalan
    Last edited: Aug 28, 2013
  5. ilmaestro

ilmaestro Well Known Member

Thissssss. If they had wanted a feature called "tourist guide for people who like killing animals" that's what they would have called it. :p

(**** those buzzards though, I agree).
    Romeoh likes this.
  6. FunkTheWorld

FunkTheWorld Member

Yeah, what I ended up doing for the Coeurl pups in Oakwood was forming a party with the majority of the people that were there because everything was dying too fast for me to even do enough damage to get the kill. That way every time anyone in the party actually tagged one of the mobs we would get credit for it which meant I was getting credit for my hunting log. Kind of a cheap way to get them I suppose, but it was the only thing I could think of at the time since there was literally 7+ people there killing them either for their quest or the hunting log.
    ilmaestro and Mycroft like this.
  7. Mycroft

Mycroft Active Member

I do believe that the saying: "It is a dog eat dog world" applies to this rather neatly.
    ilmaestro likes this.
  8. FunkTheWorld

FunkTheWorld Member

Yeah, I chose to just look at it as "hey, maybe someone else is doing the same thing I am right now and they're struggling as well, so this is helping us all" hahahaha.
  9. ilmaestro

ilmaestro Well Known Member

Yeah this was the most annoying thing I've had to do in the game so far.
  10. xusha

xusha Well Known Member

11. Lion's Fall

Lion's Fall Active Member

They tell you the region they spawn, but usually the more difficult ones aren't in open air. You have to search nooks.
  12. FunkTheWorld

FunkTheWorld Member

Yeah, I just use XIVDB now for all my stuff, but thanks. I'll check out the link. :D