Hunting Log misleading?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by FunkTheWorld, Aug 27, 2013.

1. FunkTheWorld

FunkTheWorld Crystal Brave

Well, I'm slowing down on leveling and I kinda wanted to catch my hunting log up a bit. I only need two more entries to move up to the next "tier" I guess but whenever I mouse over the entry and it tells me where the monster is, I show up and there is literally no monster named that anywhere to be found.

Has anyone else experienced this? Right now I'm hunting "Nesting Buzzards" that are SUPPOSED to be in "Lower La Noscea - Cedarwood" but I didn't find a single one there. Same thing with the "Grounded Pirate" which is supposedly in "Middle La Noscea - Summerford" (I'm here right now and searched the entire zone I believe).

2. Karamethien

Karamethien Crystal Brave

Hunting log is a general area, and it is accurate. Sometimes it is like a small corner of that area right up against the edge of the map has 3 mobs of that type, or in a hidden ravine near by. But it is accurate that I found.

xusha and FunkTheWorld like this.
  3. Syberchip

Syberchip Adventurer

I've seen the pirates, there there, ya just gotta look in every nook and cranny. So far the log has been correct, just some are hard to find.

FunkTheWorld likes this.
  4. kfen

kfen Crystal Brave

They heard you were coming and ran.

I know a couple of mine for ARC were tucked away in corners and I expect that to continue or possibly get worse as I've only completed the first two tiers and part of the third. I think that's supposed to be part of the challenge.

FunkTheWorld likes this.
  5. FunkTheWorld

I seriously believe I have looked everywhere on this map and have not seen a single pirate. I've gone up and down multiple times on my Chocobo and nothing.
    --- Double Post Merged, Aug 27, 2013, Original Post Date: Aug 27, 2013 ---
    Well, I found the Raiders... -____-

I hate my life.

kfen likes this.
  6. Paleblade

Paleblade New Member

When I get really stuck I use www.xivdb.com. It's on the zam network that is also home to wowhead etc.
    hope this helps :)

Maaja and FunkTheWorld like this.
  7. Bane766

Bane766 Crystal Brave

Pirates are there-near a cliff.

Nesting buzzards. Everyone is looking for them. I always see people looking for them. I don't know where they are tho, sorry. I'm sure they are there somewhere.

8. FunkTheWorld

They're around the Grey Fleet area in the upper right corner of the map. I just slaughtered them all out of pure rage.

9. Bane766

Bane766 Crystal Brave

Ah. Glad you found them. I can't even get in. I got 90000'd and can't get in now for 4 hours? or so.

10. Euriko

Euriko Adventurer

The pirates are at X20 Y16 next to the river at a campfire.

11. Eossian

Eossian Adventurer

it's accurate, but certain area's cover a large zone so you have to look through all of it.

12. Romeoh

Romeoh Crystal Brave

Key word - Hunting Log... ya' gotta hunt em down ;) They are always in the general vicinity but they are rarely just out in the open. I suggest searching every corner, nook and cranny. They are normally in the extremes of the vicinity.

ilmaestro and xusha like this.
  13. Euriko

Euriko Adventurer

Found the buzzards while fishing, they're at Brewer's Beacon (the light house) in Western La Noscea, south on the coastline on the cliff.

14. Falchetto

Falchetto Adventurer

Ixali Deftalon... where?
    WHERE??? :rage:

15. peet44

peet44 Adventurer

You gotta think too... so many people hunting the same things... which are only found in limited quantities in remote places... maybe you're just searching for them AFTER someone else has just killed them all???

Romeoh and Mycroft like this.
  16. Mycroft

Mycroft Crystal Brave

Server:
    Hyperion
    I can add onto this with an example, I had to hunt Coeurl Pups in Oakwood, Upper La Noscea.. Granted, they show up closer to an area called "Fool's Falls" on the map, than the one marked as "Oakwood," but it took me over an hour to get 4 of them, because EVERYONE tagged them.. They ended up disappearing mere seconds after spawning, just because people just swarmed them.

On the positive side, there was a relatively frequent F.A.T.E. in the area.. So plenty of Grand Company seals for me, oh yes.
    --- Double Post Merged, Aug 28, 2013, Original Post Date: Aug 28, 2013 ---
    Ixali Deftalon: North Shroud - Alder Springs

peet44 likes this.
  17. Falchetto

Falchetto Adventurer

18. Mycroft

Mycroft Crystal Brave

Server:
    Hyperion
    Well you know, Alder Springs is the area both south and west of Fallgourd Float, not just the area where the name appears.. Sure that you've checked that entire part of the map?

19. Maxism

Maxism Adventurer

The monsters are where all the players have grouped up XD

Vandalous Imps anyone?

20. xFinal

xFinal Adventurer

I've also noticed some levequests ask you to kill mobs and they end up on being in your hunting log, mine was Coerul Poachers I think for PUG, cant remember where it was though, kept seeing them and trying to kill them fast only to get "This is part of someones quest" or whatever it says, found it eventually :)