How to use Mouse and K/B PS3

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Dirkonis, Jun 29, 2013.

1. Dirkonis

Dirkonis Member

Okay so tonight I was messing around trying to find out how to JUST use mouse and keyboard on the Playstation three. Follow these directions and you will be on your way!

1: Below your chat box is a little gear, use select or a mouse to get to it. Yes you can use a mouse and keyboard while using a controller

2: Click control settings and turn off " Enable direct chat"

3: now you will be able to use WASD to move around! and use a mouse along with it like the PC.

4: Now for your hotbars, I have not found a way to change them to the PC hotbars so we are stuck with PS3 Style bars BUTTTTT I found their corresponding number on the keyboard

If you look at the tools bars from LEFT to right just count clockwise and that is 1234 the next 4 blocks are 5678 on the left side.That is what I have figured out so far. SO! you can set it up like the PC and get your game on.

MORE TO COME WHEN I FIND OUT MORE!!!
  2. tokasmo

tokasmo Active Member

towards the end of beta last night some how my keyboard changed its input to jp, everything i type is in jp lol. the only thing i could do is the auto translate to communicate, {Help me out!} lol. cant seem to find anything on how to change it back, there was nothing i could find in the menus either and i have no clue what i did . im on ps3 any help would be much appreciated.
  3. askew

askew Member

I had run into the same issue, and somehow hit the keyboard to revert back to english. Anyways, I had posted in another forum, and 1 response was either the "~" key or Shift +, but I haven't been able to test it out...hopefully it's right though.

I really wish I knew someone who could read japanese so i could find out what I was typing.
  4. Dirkonis

Dirkonis Member

Its the Tab key if you still have direct chat enabled, ran into the same issue while trying to tab target before discovering the KB/M setup lol
  5. tokasmo

tokasmo Active Member

right on, thanks dirkonis! ill give it a shot fri, that makes sense cause i use the auto translate alot i musta hit tab before i typed the letters i wanted. im guessing the chat box needs to be empty to change it.
  6. tokasmo

tokasmo Active Member

its shift and "~"