How do you make Gil?

Discussion in 'New Player Question & Answer' started by Rohirrim4, Aug 25, 2013.

1. Rohirrim4

Rohirrim4 Member

As the title say :) I have noticed that mobs don't drop gil. I get gil from quests but that will be finite on first-second class. So other than crafting/selling, how you farm them? Also how much gil considered a lot? Usually in MMOs you start with very little gold and once at max level, the golds you have sky-rocketing. I read that in order to create a Free Company you need 15.000 Gil. Are these considered a lot? Or once you go level 50, 15.000 gil is almost nothing?
  2. Lucien McFly

Lucien McFly Active Member

Just save your gil, easy as that
  3. Zhenpo

Zhenpo Member

Your pretty much asking questions no one knows since I highly doubt anyone is level 50 yet. You get gil form crafting/selling/questing,/guildleves/hiests etc.
    JMATAWWCL likes this.
  4. pe3nguin

pe3nguin Active Member

Hi. I am in fact a Nigerian Prince. I see you have a gil problem. If you give me 5000g today I'll double your money within 24 hours and make you a royal guest at my Palace should you ever visit me in Lagos. No strings attached, fast gil for a fast man!
  5. Lucien McFly

Lucien McFly Active Member

Anyways i just noticed this why would you think 15k gil is alot you have access to at around lvl 25 or so, i swear people dont use these things we humans have called brains for anything nowadays expect to weigh down their heads or somethin -.-
  6. ll Dan G ll

ll Dan G ll Active Member

One of the in game achievements is to amass 10,000,000 gil, so in that respect, 15,000 gil is just about enough to buy a Happy Meal from McD's
    Rohirrim4, Zhenpo and pe3nguin like this.
  7. Heras Death

Heras Death Active Member

I have 16k gil and I am level 23, I can create my own Free Company which costs 15k. Not that i will as i just made one with a friend. As long as you are wise with your money and not spend Gil on teleporting then you are fine.
  8. JMATAWWCL

JMATAWWCL Moderator

Only 16k? If I wasn't so lazy and have to teleport everywhere, I'd have well over 50k :p

I haven't found an excellent way to make money, yet, but I've been fishing and cooking. So, I'm hoping the need for Maple Syrup and Lominsan Anchovies skyrockers -.-
  9. Oblit

Oblit Well Known Member

I bought so many dyes, tried all different colors, also been teleporting to places that will take me maybe 15 seconds to get to. I am now broke.

This is the first MMO that made me broke.
    Najla and JMATAWWCL like this.
  10. JMATAWWCL

JMATAWWCL Moderator

And you posed while trying all of the different colors. At least, that how I like to imagine it :D
    Najla, Buttons and Oblit like this.
  11. Oblit

Oblit Well Known Member

Well of course! Just like in real life, I think I'm the only one that dances and strike poses in dressing rooms. The weirdest thing is when I curl my upper body down to the point where my head is pass my knees towards my back, head upside down. It's hard to explain since I don't do yoga or anything like that.

Edit: Also funky charleston dance move is mandatory.

[​IMG]
  12. JMATAWWCL

JMATAWWCL Moderator

The mechanics behind this is...... mindblowing!
    Oblit likes this.
  13. Heras Death

i haven't found any way to make money, im just setting myself as an example where I walk everywhere and been doing story quests but hardly done any side quests made me save up to about 16k.

Do share me your secret to making money :happy:
  14. JMATAWWCL

JMATAWWCL Moderator

God like powers.

Actually; have done pretty much every small quest; as many story quests as I could up to my current level; FATES... you name it. Basically, getting my money's worth. :D It's not unlikely that I was at least near my semi-sarcastic gil stockpile. Currently, I believe I had 20k; but I have teleported A LOT and have used up a good chunk of my gil.
  15. Heras Death

ahh! Got my hopes up I actually thought we could probably buy a nice small cosy villa in limsa once housing comes out at 50k (who knows how much small property costs). I skipped most side quests because I know I will need them for my alt classes such as my lancer and for future new classes that comes out.

I am still wearing lv15-19 dungeon gear as the current quest rewards gears still doesn't even come close to it!
  16. JMATAWWCL

JMATAWWCL Moderator

I'm not concerned about leveling other classes at this time :p There are PLENTY of things to do when I come across that. I am seriously hoping that fishing is as good a money maker as it was in XI, because I've been skilling that and culinarian up like crazy these past two days!
    Nehym and Heras Death like this.
  17. Heras Death

Oh, I started my cooking and fishing job last week on Open beta which I believe was lv4 cooking and lv5 fishing. What Im annoyed is the fact the cooking guild master is so lazy to make his own grilled trout that he has to get me to do it and it turns out that I have to learn fishing to fish a trout. Anyways I still have yet to fish a trout so progression on cooking is on hold til i get a dammm trout.
  18. JMATAWWCL

JMATAWWCL Moderator

lol Yes, I was making Crayfish balls or whatever they are called. Selling some/using some. Win/win. :p
  19. Heras Death

Ah thanks! I will try to note this down mentally and hope I dont forget :p
    JMATAWWCL likes this.
  20. Rohirrim4

Rohirrim4 Member

thank you all for your replies...I never used teleport and have no problem with that..I like walking and traveling..I also forget to use the return button which is free :) I just cannot understand how much gil is considered "a lot of gil" and how much is nothing...anyway, thanks again, going back to game now!