How do you get your own mount?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Colt47, Jun 30, 2013.

1. Colt47

Colt47 Active Member

Odd question, but I'm 22 on my gladiator and 21 on my conjurer, and have yet to find where I need to go for my free ride. Does anyone know where to get the greens from?
  2. XionTawa

XionTawa Member

Well, if you join a Grand Company, and get 1000 tokens, you get a Chocobo Whistle. That summons a chocobo to you anywhere you are...
    Colt47 likes this.
  3. Colt47

Colt47 Active Member

That sounds like a lot of tokens...
  4. SirthOsiris

SirthOsiris New Member

Hopefully better and less random than needing 100 gold or something by level 40 in WoW. Had to get that off Auction House.
  5. Sword

Sword Well Known Member

Nah not really, you can get them pretty quick from Fates after you proceed in the Main Scenario enough and join a GC. Unfortunately it's pretty much the end of the line for the Main story as well.

If you were a 1.0 player however you can retreive your old chocobo by talking to a Calamity Salvager in one of the cities.
  6. Luko

Luko Well Known Member

Took me about an hour of grinding Fates in Black Shroud to get my Chocobo Whistle and my lv20 Hands, Head, and Coat GC gear. All together that's something in the ballpark of 3200 seals. It got quicker once I cashed in the first 1000 for the mount.

The greens are actually just for summoning the chocobo as a companion that fights with you. Speaking of these, did anyone find a spot to buy/acquire more beyond the initial 5?
  7. Plane

Plane Member

Someone said you could find them at aetheryte camps but I looked everywhere outside Gridania. Gave up and bought them from the same person that sells little minions.
  8. Orien

Orien Well Known Member

I ground out 8k tokens in the night after I had completed the story on my fresh character this weekend. You get 200+ tokens from any FATE over level 15 that you get gold contribution in. Well over 300 for those level 20+ in South Shroud and more at the higher levels. It took way less than an hour of running around to get the initial 1k.
  9. Luko

Luko Well Known Member

I never did stumble upon that vendor as I'm not much of a companion pet guy. I know they're in town, but where exactly?
  10. Plane

Plane Member

The one in Gridania is just north of the aetheryte
    Luko likes this.