How do I start a subscription?

Discussion in 'Technical Support' started by mivru, Aug 29, 2013.

1. mivru

mivru Member

Okay, so I actually have a few problems. First, when I log on to SE account management, it shows my SE account as not registered:
    [​IMG]

... even though I played the beta, pre-ordered the game, got in to early access fine, and am currently playing without any hiccups. If I click "About Payment Methods" it takes me out to SE's "About Crysta" page, which for all intents and purposes says [paraphrasing]: "Hey! Look at all this cool stuff you can do with your credit card! Or you can do it with Crysta! But we aren't going to give you a link or anything as to how you would do it - we just want you to know that you can do it!"

So, I figured since they have a new account page that comes up from the FFXIV launcher, I would try that [it's called Mog Station]. When I log in at Mog Station, it shows this:
    [​IMG]

As you can see, it says the beta and pre-order are registered to my account, my characters are listed fine and all, but it says "None" up at the top of the blue box [whatever that means], and says I have 1 day remaining on a "free trial period". When I click the little square button in the lower left, I try to add my PC registration code but it says it is already registered to my account. This is what leads into the next problem...

I cannot figure out for the life of me how to start a FFXIV: ARR subscription. There is no where listed at all on SE's site, in account management, or at Mog Station to setup a damn subscription! Some of my friends have options in their account management that I do not, but I am assuming it is because they played FFXI and I did not. I have called SE Support a good 20+ times in the last 3 days but it seems they have completely taken away phone support since I get a busy signal every time I call. I emailed them and have my ticket number, but have not received a response yet.

I am assuming [*hoping*] that when my "free trial" ends, I will get a notice to set up a subscription and it will go smoothly [I know smoothly is asking for a lot from SE these days], I just don't want to have an interruption of service or have my account blown away or anything... any help you all could offer would be greatly appreciated!

Edit: This was originally posted in general discussion but it should probably be in tech support so I copied it over.
    Last edited: Aug 29, 2013
  2. mivru

mivru Member

Figured it out thanks to @HintOfMint post from Wednesday. The issue here lies in if you do digital download from Amazon, you have to go to your games library and find the activation code listed there, not use the pre-order code SE gives you [that was only good for early access].
    Arcadia likes this.