How did you set up your hotkeys?

Discussion in 'Disciples of War' started by Mikozee, Sep 2, 2013.

1. Mikozee

Mikozee Adventurer

FFXIV is my first 'real' hotbar MMO.

And while I'm having fun, I'm having some difficulties accommodating all the different spells while still being able to freely move and kite. Like I have 3 spells on my mouse hotkey (that's all I can have) and I have my main damaging spells on 1-4 for easy access while still being able to move. But outside of that range, I need to get my right hand off the mouse to use the other remaining spells.

And I'm only a level 30 archer. Once I get my pugilist cross skills along with my bard skills, I'm going to be in a lot of hectic frenzy trying to figure out my hotkeys...

2. Madlibx

Madlibx Adventurer

1-5
    Shift + 1-5
    R f d v c t y mb4 mb5 mb6
    Shift + r f d v c mb4 mb5 mb6
    And a couple others

All about how comfortable you are with stretching your hand and fingers. Mine are all binds from 7 years of wow

3. The47thSen

The47thSen Scion

I use a gamepad.

The bars in the corners aren't really necessary, only when I'm too lazy to toggle my menus. Usually when vendoring or chatting with people. The #5 bar above the XHB is my cool down bar, so I know what skill is available.

I originally used #1 as my cooldown check, but it's hard to use being in the corner and all. It's still useful because new skills automatically appear on #1 so I still keep it around, but I'll probably replace most of it with something else.

[​IMG]

4. Z.chu

Z.chu Adventurer

I also have been wandering about this. in the past I played MMO's on my PC and used a Cybord Comand unit. But this game has WAY more skills for each class that need to be used a lot. Its gonna be tricky to train my fingers to use the SAME buttons(L2 or R2) for different skills in the same battle.

5. HintOfMint

HintOfMint Crystal Brave

Macros will reduce on hotkey space. Look into them :) They save a lot of room.

6. Legwen

Legwen Crystal Brave

[​IMG]

I recommend mine in the other thread in this subforum, it frees up 2 other hotkey slots to use, and has the exact same fuctionality.

7. Z.chu

Z.chu Adventurer

I was just looking into this after reading on that thread! Lotsa planing to be dones =3

I still would like to see how other Archers have set up there hotkeys :3

8. Legwen

Legwen Crystal Brave

i'll take a screen shot.
    --- Double Post Merged, Sep 4, 2013, Original Post Date: Sep 4, 2013 ---
    SS.png

Its sloppy but im still leveling. 1-5 I keyslam and anything else I click. other than C1 C2

9. Z.chu

Z.chu Adventurer

Oh is that form PC? it works a bit different on PS3. I miss my Cybord Command unit I used on PC =(

10. sage

sage Adventurer

1-5, shift/ctrl/alt
    Q E R T F G Z X C, shift/ctrl/alt

safe to say I have not yet filled my bars o_o;;

11. Aziel

Aziel Adventurer

Here's what I have at level 26! I shifted the progress bar over to the right and the status effects to the left so that they align with my hotbars, but otherwise it's pretty much the same.

[​IMG]

I use EDSF to move and my mouse to turn. QWRCTG are attacks. A for a backup heal. 123 for targeting, H for sprint, 6 for levequest actions like /beckon.

Top bar is so that I can see the CDs for skills used in my macros. Underneath them are the keys I use for the macros... Mouse4 for Misery's End, Bloodletter, and Heavy Shot; V for Hawk's Eye and Raging Strikes (first active offense); X for whatever defensive ability comes off cooldown first. (I'll probably get rid of the last one at some point, probably when I get the BRD job. It's not like I remember to use them. :p But then again I'm pretty sure I'll have to change a lot of keys as I gain more skills.)

12. Alex Santin

Alex Santin Adventurer

I only use the keys in the middle during a fight. As BRD the best advice I can give you is that "macros are your friend" and get a Logitech g600 :)

[​IMG]

13. sage

sage Adventurer

My only wish is that they'd let us scale our UIs. I don't need icons that big.

Also, anyone know of a way to hide the pet bar? The options don't seem to work.

14. Alex Santin

Alex Santin Adventurer

Go to the HUD layout screen and hit CTRL+Home in order to scale the UI elements between three different presents.

15. Greykemp

Greykemp New Member

Server:
    Primal
    I'm missing something here. You are using the mouse AND the WSAD for movement AND hitting the CTRL key AND hitting the 1-5? For me that means, at least, dropping the mouse and then I can't move and fight at the same time. ?????