Hi! I am new

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself' started by Tamara, Oct 12, 2018.

1. Tamara

Tamara New Member

hi I am new, well I played a long time ago. Think around 2014, and before that the older version, tomorrow I am getting a brand new ps4 pro and cant wait 2 start the game. In from the netherlands, female >25 old and planning 2 play a lot☺️ Are there any guilds looking for dutch newbies,
    and do you Guys have server tips. Oh yeah, should I download or buy the game with all expansions.
    Im not in game, will post name later

Shade and sweet water,

❤️ Dari

Last edited: Oct 12, 2018
    Fybrile likes this.
  2. Ish

Ish Scion

Top Poster Of Month

Server:
    Leviathan
    Hello Dari and welcome to the realm.
    Also a proud PS4 Pro user, hehe
    What server are you going to be on?
    It varies by server and there are various ways of finding guilds (Free Companies) the server section on this forum.
    Myself i am on Leviathan which is a North American server.
    Best of luck

Fybrile likes this.
  3. Fybrile

Fybrile Administrator

Server:
    Cactaur
    :hello:

Hey Dari, welcome to the Realm!~

Hope you find a good, active server. I'm not certain which European server is most active, but Zodiark and Odin are the most active here on our forums, so that might be a good place to start. If you find, worst case scenario, that the server you choose is not for you, you can always transfer servers in the future!

Good luck!!~

4. Tamara

Tamara New Member

Tnx good 2 know about the server transfer
    --- Double Post Merged, Oct 12, 2018 ---
    Going 2 check the forums for the server tnx!

5. Jinzuku

Jinzuku Vice Administrator

Server:
    Phoenix
    Welcome to the Realm
    :hello:

6. Choochoobo

Choochoobo Crystal Brave

Server:
    Leviathan
    Welcome to the Realm! Fybrile is right recommending Odin as it is one of the more popular of the EU servers.

I'm not sure if there is a deal going on right now for all the expansions. If there is, definitely take advantage of it. If not, just buy ARR (the base game) and see how you like it. As you're progressing through the story and learning to play the game, you can make the decision to go ahead and buy the other xpacs.

7. GeekMatt

GeekMatt Moderator

Server:
    Brynhildr
    Welcome to realm and to the game!

The expansions are only really necessary before level 50 if you want to play as the Au Ra race from Heavensward. Otherwise, you’ll want to get it anytime by the time you hit ~49, so that you don’t miss out on a ton of experience (without the expansion you can’t gain experience at level 50, and again at 60, without having the next xpac. But there are a LOT of quests still available to you). There are also jobs available with each xpac; Dark Knight, Machinest, and Astrologian which you need to enter heavensward (3.0) content for. And Samurai and Red Mage which I think you need to own Stormblood and reach level 50 to unlock.

keeba likes this.
  8. Bobbin Threadbare

Bobbin Threadbare New Member

Server:
    Masamune