Help setting up?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by delta5ff, May 9, 2019.

1. delta5ff

delta5ff Scion

After getting a new job that requires me to work out of town five days a week I got a laptop to take my games with me.

What I want to know is if there are any files on my desktop that I can copy and past into my laptop so I don't have to manually set all my UI and hotbars manually?

I'm currently away from my computer and I can't remember how I set everything up off of the top of my head. Pluse if I can avoid doing everything manually I'd rather be lazy.
    :facedesk:

Fybrile likes this.
  2. Bobbin Threadbare

Bobbin Threadbare Adventurer

Server:
    Masamune
    There are 2 ways:

1st, can just backup from your My Document folder the whole FF14 folder then paste them on same exact path on your new PC.
    It's: C:\Users\<username>\Documents\My Games\FINAL FANTASY XIV - A Realm Reborn\

2nd, SE did already implement UI backup feature which you can access from your login-character selection screen. It's the icon besides your character name selection. After that, whenever you logged to new PC, can just restore saved UI from same icon.

I personally rather use 1st option since I do play across several PC, and one of them are in lower spec, hence using smaller 720p resolution, hence different UI setup than my normal 1080p ones, and with it, I can backup both at separate folders. 2nd option only allows a single UI backup only. ^^;

Last edited: May 12, 2019
  3. avensis

avensis New Member

I agree the first option is better, that's what I do

________________________________________________________________________________
    TweakBox Tutuapp

Last edited: May 29, 2019