Hello Everyone

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself' started by Felix Da Cat, Aug 7, 2018.

1. Felix Da Cat

Felix Da Cat New Member

Server:
    Lich
    Hi there, after learning there is a lot of FF14 players who don't use the offcial forums, I thought to find some fan ones.

I've been playing since Stormblood came out last year and I've gone from the PS4 to the PS4-Pro , so I could have a better gaming experience. This was my first MMO since playing WoW for years, which I had stopped when lvl85 was the max level some years ago!

I play on the EU data-centre on the Lich server as a Miqo'te. I'm not much of a big raider, but I manage to get through most of the content on my RDM, which I enjoyed a lot due to being able to solo a lot of content in the early days of me playing and not knowing anyone in game.

Regards,

Felix

2. GeekMatt

GeekMatt Moderator

Server:
    Brynhildr
    Welcome to Realm, Felix :good:

Felix Da Cat likes this.
  3. Fybrile

Fybrile Administrator

Server:
    Cactaur
    Hey Felix, welcome to the Realm!~

Felix Da Cat likes this.
  4. Jinzuku

Jinzuku Vice Administrator

Server:
    Phoenix
    Welcome to the Realm. Sounds like you stopped playing WoW around the same time I did. I sometimes go back when a new expansion hits but ultimately always go back to FFXIV.
    :hello:

Felix Da Cat likes this.
  5. Choochoobo

Choochoobo Crystal Brave

Top Poster Of Month

Server:
    Leviathan
    welcome o/

I'm also a fellow RDM!

Felix Da Cat likes this.
  6. Felix Da Cat

Felix Da Cat New Member

Server:
    Lich
    I've got spinal damage, that makes it very painful to sit in a chair for long, so with FF14 being on the PS4 I can lay down and play.

I didn't like how Blizzard let people just buy their levels. Also I just didn't enjoy the content as much as WOTLK , which is when I got into WoW.

Fybrile likes this.
  7. Jinzuku

Jinzuku Vice Administrator

Server:
    Phoenix
    The time when I played the most WoW was Lich King too. I stopped playing around the time of Cataclysm when they put Pokémon into it. It was at that point I came to the realisation they were running out of ideas. I went back in when Legion launched and generally liked it before I got bored. With Battle for Azeroth coming out I'm tempted to go back for a bit.

Felix Da Cat likes this.
  8. Felix Da Cat

Felix Da Cat New Member

Server:
    Lich
    I've owned a copy of WoW since 2005, but I found the game really boring because I didn't know that questing and having addon's speed up the leveling process. I had been playing a hardcore Korean MMO, which was a really poorly run game called Knight Online. It was a grind game, but had some of the best fast paced PvP. When I finally got into WoW with WOTLK, I had managed to get a char to 55 and I then made a Death Knight. Suddenly I had found a class that suited me. This is pretty much what happened to me earlier this year in FF14. I had a Dragoon that I had leveled up to 70 in 6 weeks on my own, using PUG's for dungeons etc. I decided to try Red Mage and suddenly I had discovered a class I could enjoy. I've always played as melee DPS, so having the mix of ranged and melee was like a whole new look on gaming for me.

I had always stuck with one character/class, which was unheard of with the people I played with. Everyone had like 6 alts all leveled up. What got me interested to try FF14 was the fact I could use the same avatar, but now level up different classes. To me this is what makes FF14 such a strong MMO. I'm a bit egotistical about my ingame name of Felix. I've used it for about 15 years in gaming, so now having the ability to play any class I wanted, with one char just encouraged me to try playing different classes, but I still had my name.

FF14 is the first Final Fantasy game I played, as I am not a big fan of the classic JPRPG fight mechanics, where it is like a turn based combat system. Also, even on my worn out secondhand PS4, the game just looked amazing. Eventually the game had killed my PS4, as it was always causing it to run it's cooling fans at max, which actually was louder than my TV. At Christmas, I got myself a 43" LG 4K HDR LED TV, because I play Gran Turismo Sport. Finally when my PS4 died in Feb, I was able to get myself a PS4-Pro and was blown away at how much better the game looked and felt. With the old PS4, I was having to turn some of the screen FX's off, as it made the bigger raids impossible to play. Now with the PS4-Pro, I was getting a much higher frame rate, even with everything switched on.

I have found FF14 to be one of the nicest games to play as a beginner. Because I was on my own, I relied on the Duty Finder all the time and most people I meet, were really helpful because they knew I was new, thus guiding me through any content. (I always try and watch guides, but I always need a few runs before it sinks in). In no other MMO have I come across that. I also like how hardcore the admin staff are towards black market items and gill. I think it has such a proactive effect on a server, when people are not able to just buy their way through the game.[/QUOTE]

Jinzuku, GeekMatt and Fybrile like this.
  9. Ish

Ish Scion

Server:
    Leviathan
    Welcome to the realm. The game really does run great on the Pro. Myself i started playing this game 5 years ago on PS3 and when the PS4 beta was out i was blown away by how different it looked, i had then upgraded to a PS4 Pro when that came out.
    You can also run FFXIV in boost mode on the Pro and stuff that have lots of players around like Eureka i have player's names turned off, runs much better that way as well

Felix Da Cat likes this.
  10. Felix Da Cat

Felix Da Cat New Member

Server:
    Lich
    I thought you can't do that if the game has a Pro patch, which FF14 has?

11. Bobbin Threadbare

Bobbin Threadbare New Member

Server:
    Masamune
    Welcome to the Realm as well.

Guess we have quite different taste tho, since my reasoning was because I am FF fans. This game mostly base on FF5 where heroes can change jobs at will, just like FF14 did, although FF11 online are much closer relatives where one can subjob/subskill other mastered jobs. FF11 however, are based on the old MMO called Everquest, unlike how FF14 2.0+ based on WoW, so I doubt you would like FF11 since it is way much slower pacing than FF14. But I became fan of FF series mainly due to their great storytelling and great soundtracks.

I myself mained base on roles: Bard would be my ranged and priority main, Paladin for tank, Scholar for healer, and RDM for caster. I'm also omnicrafter as well and I could gear up my jobs faster thanks to that. Speaking of RDM, my tldr version would be similar feel like how 1.0 BLM was, minus the "cast-while-moving". My original main was BLM until I reached 3.0 where I hated due to how it changed into more hardcore gameplay as oppose to casual-friendly it was know before, all partly thanks to purist over OF who still jealous over BLM raw burst damage. Thus BLM became the most changed mechanics over patches compared with other jobs. So I practically had no caster main until 4.0 came & introduced RDM.

Speaking of other MMO, I actually wanted to try others, all based on series I like, including WoW itself, SWTOR, Elder Scroll online. Unfortunately I'm not young as I used to be, so I guess I'm stuck with FF14. Even I had no choice but to retire FF11 as well, which I really dearly love, though I always jumped wagon whenever there's free login campaign which happens quite frequently.

Anyways, hope u enjoy ur stay. ;)

Felix Da Cat likes this.
  12. Felix Da Cat

Felix Da Cat New Member

Server:
    Lich
    My first MMO was a Korean/Malaysian game called Knight Online, made by a company called M-Games. It's now on Steam but there is such a massive black market, thanks to it being a "Free To Play" game, you have many net cafes all over the world, but massive in Turkey and Peru, who would exploit everything they could. Because it was free, if they got banned they would either send a WU payment to a GM to unblock the account, or just make a new one and then bot their way back up to 70 and then 80 in later version.

I've seen content on FF11 and you're very right about it not being something I would enjoy these days.

Yesterday morning, I was finally able to get my Battlenet account reset, so I've been able to play WoW again. Because of the latest expansion just coming out the other week, I saw how different the game was and by a stroke of luck, found some old gaming buddies are playing it. So now a group of us are going to hit WoW up for a few months or so. I'm now sorting out my elderly gaming PC out and I'm going to be gaming at my desk for the first time in 5 years. It also means I will get a PC licence for FF14, as I think I will enjoy it much more with a mouse and keyboard.