Hello Everyone! Returning player

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself' started by Ganghis, Aug 19, 2018.

1. Ganghis

Ganghis New Member

Server:
    Diabolos
    Hello everyone! I’ve been a FFXIV player since the game launch but stopped right before Heavensward dropped. ARR was my first MMO that I dedicated time too but sadly I took a hiatus cause all my friends fell off the game. But more recently I’ve been itching to get back into a MMO and finally decided to come back to the Realm. It’s been about 3 years since I’ve last played and decided to try it on PS4 so I made a whole new account to try and start fresh but didn’t like the whole controller scheme so I went out and bought it for PC again for my new account. I’ll say this I feel like a total noob coming back into the game which is what pushed me to maybe find a good community of players since only one of my friends is still actively playing. So that’s why I decided to join the forums in hopes to meeting new people and hopefully making new friends.

Currently I’m on Primal in Diabolos server under as Ganghis Khon (planning on doing a name change so that’s subject to change). I feel as if I randomly got invited to a random FC and I accepted it but it’s not as interactive as I thought so I hope to find a new FC in the time to come. I’m not too far in the game as of late. Had my first kid and he’s now 5 months so I’m hoping for some free time to open up! But I mainly get on during the weekends and try to sneak some game time during work on my breaks. I hope to be more active and hopefully meet some of you guys in game!

Sorry for the long post guys lol

GeekMatt, Jinzuku and Fybrile like this.
  2. Fybrile

Fybrile Administrator

Server:
    Cactaur
    :hello:

Hello Ganghis, and welcome to the Realm!~

Congratulations on having your first kid! I just came back to FFXIV after a brief hiatus myself, and rolled a brand new character. It can get intimidating at times with just how many things there are to do (and the grind between hitting level 50 and completing the vanilla main story quests is just brutal). So, my advice would be to just enjoy your time in Eorzea, and plug away at things at your own pace. Don't let people push you to hurry to endgame (unless that's your main goal), stop and smell the roses because it's a beautiful game and there's always something fun to do!

Glad you found us! Looking forward to hearing more about your adventures!~

Ganghis likes this.
  3. Jinzuku

Jinzuku Vice Administrator

Server:
    Phoenix
    Welcome to the Realm and back to the game.

Congratulations of the newborn.

Just FYI, there is an option to use K&M on your PS4 too.

If you have any questions about the game then ask away. I don't know anyone on Diabolos so couldn't advise you on an FC there. We do have an FC section of the Realm and there appears to be 4 FCs on Diabolos on there. Could be worth checking their pages out and see if they tickle your fancy.
    http://ffxivrealm.com/FC/categories/na-diabolos.10/

Ganghis likes this.
  4. Ganghis

Ganghis New Member

Server:
    Diabolos
    Thanks guys! Yeah I’m going to take my time and try to enjoy the game since I got all the expansions with it but the grind is real brutal brought back memories of my first account with my BLM lol but I hope to at least finish that up as soon as I can.

I also did know about the k&m for my PS4 but just how my setup was it was easier with pc since I just picked up a gaming laptop for on the go gaming aka while I’m at work lol

But I do appreciate the response guys and I love the forum and I hope to use it fully and definitely pick up some new things on the way. But I notice that Diabolos is some what dead. Is there a more popular server that is more lively? My friend and I were contemplating on switching servers based on FC options and just social purposes. We probably wouldn’t switch until I finish the Main Story grind but depending how how everything plays out we might switch early on.

5. GeekMatt

GeekMatt Moderator

Server:
    Brynhildr
    [insert Final Dawn advertisement here]

I run a newbie-oriented FC on Brynhildr if that interests you. We've been around forever and are well established but aren't huge, so you won't feel like a number. Our only real rule is that everyone should feel comfortable contributing. https://www.guilded.gg/Final-Dawn

In any case, welcome to the Realm, and {Congratulations!} on your first-born! May there be many more to come (but not too many more, just the right amount of manys) :twothumbsup:

Ganghis likes this.
  6. Ganghis

Ganghis New Member

Server:
    Diabolos
    Thanks GeekMatt! I'll definitely check out your FC. Sounds like a really good community to be apart of. I know my buddy is looking for a FC as well since he's at end game with some of his characters but choosing to play as other classes right now but I will definitely reach out when the time is right it is very tempting right now lol appreciate you reaching out!

GeekMatt likes this.
  7. Jinzuku

Server:
    Phoenix
    I spent time in Final Dawn many many moons ago and enjoyed it. I only ended up leaving because I am UK based rather than US so the time difference was a bit of a killer for me in general.

GeekMatt and Ganghis like this.
  8. Bobbin Threadbare

Bobbin Threadbare New Member

Server:
    Masamune
    Welcome to the Realm! And gz for ur baby as well! :D

Ganghis likes this.
  9. Ganghis

Ganghis New Member

Server:
    Diabolos
    Thanks Bobbin!

Yeah I can see how that poses an issue would you happen to know the time zone for most of the members? I’m out here on the east coast of the US

10. Jinzuku

Server:
    Phoenix
    I have no idea. @GeekMatt is the best person to answer that.

11. GeekMatt

GeekMatt Moderator

Server:
    Brynhildr
    EST/CST is most common, but we have one member from the Philippines and a couple from the UK

12. Choochoobo

Choochoobo Crystal Brave

Server:
    Leviathan
    Welcome to the Realm! o/

Ganghis likes this.