headset and trophies please!

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Toorima, May 30, 2013.

1. Toorima

Toorima Member

I will be playing ffxiv when it's out, for the most part I will be playing co-op with a friend, will the ps3 version have support for headsets to that degree, like party support..?

Also wondering will the ps3 version have trophies?
  2. Chaos_Martin

Chaos_Martin Active Member

practically all PS3 games have trophies now since it's the nom for them. Headsets, you can get them but it would be useless since FFXIV PS3 wont support voice chat.
  3. Blunt Hound

Blunt Hound Member

no voice chat?!?!?!?!?!?!?!? is that confirmed?????
  4. Lord of Onzozo

Lord of Onzozo Active Member

Yes but I don't have a link to the source. They have clearly stated no several times.
  5. Alderon

Alderon Active Member

Yea, it's been confirmed for months now. If you have a device that uses skype or another service that you can you can use to talk, you'll be just fine.
  6. Joygasm

Joygasm Well Known Member

There are in-game achievements, I'd be surprised if there were trophies too.
  7. Blunt Hound

Blunt Hound Member

sorry didnt realize it had been confirmed. only just came across ff14 just recently ( been under a rock i guess) anyone know some good voice chat apps on smart phones that you personaly use ( my computer is nowhere near my ps3 lol)
  8. Joygasm

Joygasm Well Known Member

I know you can do Ventrilo on your phone for sure, I can't see mumble or teamspeak being an issue either.
  9. Blunt Hound

Blunt Hound Member

gotcha thanks for the info.
  10. Dirkonis

Dirkonis Member

You can make parties on the PS3 of sorts and use voice chat there if I remember correctly.
  11. Dragon

Dragon Well Known Member

While there may be trophy support eventually, don't expect it at launch. Likewise, don't expect PS3 headset functionality either (not because the PS3 is incapable, as it's more than fully capable of said functionality).
    Fybrile likes this.