Hakke Manor Tanking

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Ebon Claire, Aug 28, 2013.

1. Ebon Claire

Ebon Claire Member

Hey Team,

Finally unlocked Hakke Manor today. Had a pretty successful run until we got to the last boss. We were doing fine until we got her to about 25% and all the adds spawn. Does anyone have advice for this part? As soon as the adds came I would get enmity on them all then I would die too fast for the healer to keep up. Then the party would quickly wipe. We tried twice, but I had to leave to go to work ; ;
  2. Elvirnith

Elvirnith Active Member

What class are you? And is all of your gear up-to-date for your level? Also, have you leveled up any other jobs to utilize cross-class abilities?

One of the biggest things I've found that helps is to get the passives from other jobs to help you stay alive. Then you can simply rotate through these as the fight progresses. i.e. you get two 20% reduction abilities from Gladiator and Marauder, and then you have protect and cure from Conjurer and so on.

You can get the parry ability from Lancer, and the doge ability from Pugilist as well. Though, I would probably stick to abilities that generate threat and directly contribute to keeping you alive as much as possible, so I'd value the Pugilist dodge skill a fair bit less.

If you're struggling to tank or hold aggro, try going back and leveling some other jobs up and then optimizing your cross-class ability pool accordingly.
  3. Ebon Claire

Ebon Claire Member

Yea I am a PLD, I mean besides that one part in the fight we were doing great. I have almost everything lvd to 15 and cross abilities, it's just a really crazy part. One thing we didn't try is to Limit break at that part maybe that would help.
  4. Taimoor

Taimoor Newbie

Your best bet is to put on your frilliest robe and let one of your Warrior friends tank it while you cast your little girly spells.

Or... If you are handling the rest of the fight well, have you tired tripling up CDs for the adds? Bloodbath + Convalescence + Rampart. Maybe even time Fight or Flight to be up at the adds phase. When you grab hate have your BLM or SMN use their limit break.

If you've done all this already... I have no idea what else you can really do.
  5. Mtzgr

Mtzgr Member

Your DPS have to focus the mobs down fast or it can gets hair. Most likely its just because adds are being left up too long because everyone is attacking a different target. Establish priorities and mark the kill target.
    Taimoor likes this.
  6. Ebon Claire

Ebon Claire Member

Hah totally just beat it first try when I got home! I guess I just had a bad group the first time. I used Limit Break when adds came and it was easy squeezy.
    Taimoor likes this.
  7. Taimoor

Taimoor Newbie

Grats!