Greetings

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself' started by saucefar78, Apr 5, 2019.

1. saucefar78

saucefar78 New Member

Server:
    Both-
    My name is Claus or Saucefar as nickname, when i was working as a chef i had a reputation of making good sauces, hence the nickname.

Looking forward to meet friendly faces in the game.

I'm still downloading FFXIV on its incredibly slow launcher, i have 2gb/2gb fiber optics so downloading with 5-10mbps reminds me of downloading with cable decades ago. So i'm not impresed with the launcher so far.

I'm still deciding on EU or NA, for me it depends on the community and the activity on the realm, i was wondering if anyone could recommend either ?

Last edited: Apr 5, 2019
    Jinzuku and Fybrile like this.
  2. Fybrile

Fybrile Administrator

Server:
    Cactaur
    :hello:

Hey Sauce, welcome to the Realm!~

You should choose the region you live in to reduce server latency and ensure you find a lot of players online during your playtime.

3. Jinzuku

Jinzuku Vice Administrator

Server:
    Phoenix
    Welcome to the Realm and the game.

I agree it's best to go with where you live to reduce lag.

:hello:

4. Bobbin Threadbare

Bobbin Threadbare Adventurer

Server:
    Masamune
    Welcome as well. Agrees with what everyone says, latency is number one, unless you're willing to pay extras for tunnel services if planning to play on server that's not nearby your residency. End game content highly requires player for dodging stuff, which heavily relies on latency.

Also, huge tip for PC users: if has friends who plays FF14 as well, can ask them for their copy of game data & just paste that on your PC, can save huge time & data if on limited coverage. This is how I do when playing across several PCs, & I usually kept backup in my flash drive just in case. ;)
    No idea how things goes for PS4 tho... ^^;