Grand Company question.

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by fluttersnipe, Aug 28, 2013.

1. fluttersnipe

fluttersnipe Active Member

Are the GC quests important to the story or change your progression any way?

My wife and I chose different companies, and the first quest was similar, but different. Is it going to effect us playing together in a party at all? Kind of like how class quests force us to seperate on occasion.
  2. C-Mac-Mac

C-Mac-Mac Member

I would like to know how to START a Grand Company Quest...I joined the Immortal Flames, even ranked up once. But no option of a quest. Who do I have to talk to about recieving the quest.

LVL 25 Lancer (Just Completed Thousand Maws)
  3. fluttersnipe

Immortal flame quests are at camp drybone. Theyre the same as levelquests, just from a flame sargeant instead. You earn about 250-300 seals per quest if you crank up the difficulty.

Afaik there is a story quest for specific ranks you achieve in the GC.
  4. Nick Mouti

Nick Mouti Member

Can you change your GC at any point and how can you do this? Also, when you change does your rank and seals reset?
  5. Duvain

Duvain Member

I don't think you can change it currently, but I think they're going to give the option in the future.
  6. Bane766

Bane766 Member

When you change your rank you don't loose your seals no.
  7. fluttersnipe

Kinda of funny since when joining it tells you that you can quit lol.

Are you asking or telling?
  8. Bane766

Bane766 Member

I'm tell you, that you don't loose your seals. You spend seals to change your rank...which you loose, but you don't loose any other seals that you have accumulated.

Make sense?
  9. fluttersnipe

Oh well thats good to hear! ;)
  10. Sir Smoopsy

Sir Smoopsy Member

Well, you can take this any way you want it.

But I've been hearing a lot lately that the PVP will be GC against GC.

This could be wrong. But who knows. You might be having to spank your wife a bit in FF outside of the be-.... well..

you know.
    Romeoh likes this.
  11. Bane766

Bane766 Member

Yeah, I'm pretty sure PvP IS GC versus GC. So yeah.
  12. Romeoh

Romeoh Active Member

Where are the Twin Adder quests?
  13. ThadeusStern89

ThadeusStern89 Active Member

But you can't use the seals from one grand company in another grand company; they're all independent of each other.
    fluttersnipe likes this.
  14. Yojubo

Yojubo Member

I will try not to spoil anything but I remember dialogue in the game that said you can change GC at anytime. Being in a GC will not prevent you from playing with someone in a different GC PVE, but I have not played PVP yet so I can not tell you regardings pvp, but I think pvp will b GCvsGC. You can also be in the same free company as well.
    --- Double Post Merged, Aug 30, 2013 ---
    Twin Adders is a Gridania GC so I think in Gridania.
  15. xXRavenXx

xXRavenXx Member

When do we even get to do pvp??
  16. Bane766

Bane766 Member

It's supposed to be coming in Patch 2.1
  17. xXRavenXx

xXRavenXx Member

Awe oh well
  18. ThadeusStern89

ThadeusStern89 Active Member

I think you need to be at least level 30 with a class to do it to begin with. Some of my FC members have already hit 50 (in fact, two days ago :p)
  19. kfen

kfen Active Member

East Shroud encampment. I believe Hawthorne hut is the sub region, but it's right on the border with Nine Ives.
    Last edited: Aug 30, 2013
  20. Balaur

Balaur Active Member

I don't understand this. You don't "lose" ranks, you rise up through them. A Sergeant Second Class progresses through Sergeant Third Class, he doesn't "lose" the previous rank. The confusion here is that you are equating loss of rank (which doesn't happen) to the value of not losing seals (which can never happen unless you spend them), as though there was a confusion.

Think of Grand Company rank ups as a reputation that requires a currency you acquire through 1) completing the GC Hunting Log, 2) completing GC battle, trade, and provisioning leves (found at either the Coordinator in your GC's city or an NPC is the level 20 area for your region), 3) FATEs.

When you acquire the Seals, you can then spend them on 1) gear, 2) consumables (this includes a bonus attribute point resent postion), 3) your chocobo barding, and 4) rank ups. There is no other way to "lose" seals, and you cannot lose rank.