for some reason I can not.....

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Rainy daise, Jul 12, 2013.

1. Rainy daise

Rainy daise Member

... get an Airship pass, I don't even have a retainer or a chocobo, have done all the in town quest and most all the outside one, least I thought so. And can not go into a "mine/dungeon" with a light party in Western Thal. I have been doing Questleves and only have gob's to complete my Hunting log Rank 1 complete. Any suggestions or feedback? not sure what
    I haven't done. /shrug
  2. Fybrile

Fybrile Moderator

You get airship passes, inn access, access to dungeons, etc. through the main story questline. If you've not gotten these things, go back to your starting city and check out the Adventurers' Guild to get the quest.
  3. Rainy daise

Rainy daise Member

I have went to the adventures guild and no one seems to have anything for me to do. I do have Inn access, but when I try to get a retainer it tells me to back to the Adventurers guild to see if someone has something for me to do, and when I get there, there is nothing
    o_O
  4. seriousry

seriousry Active Member

the main story quests have a meteor outline around them. Check your journal. Sometimes quests get taken off your displayed quests if you get too many. Maybe its unchecked in your journal. If you don't have it the NPC at the adventure's guild should have a quest for you to pick up.

Did you go to the dinner party and faint? I think that's when you get the inn access right?

The next part of the quest is to go talk to the leader of your city in their office. Which city did you start in?
    Najla likes this.
  5. Najla

Najla Moderator

It's very likely an NPC office that is set as their own zone. (Much like the door for the leader of archer's guild located in New Gridania, not sure of your cities equivalent) Their marker wont appear on your main maps as they are off in their own little office zone.
  6. Coolasjustin

Coolasjustin Member

i had that with the ARC quest he didn't show up on the map cause in the archers guild he was in a door that you have to click on and go to a new room, just keep looking you will get the airship pass with the quests, you only get the chocobo once you join a Grand Company and get the license. and you have to hire a retainer
  7. Rainy daise

Rainy daise Member

I am in Ul'dah, I am a Thaumaturge. /sigh well I will start over in Phase 4 and try and keep an eye out on this stuff. Thank you all,
  8. Luko

Luko Well Known Member

Just have to actually pay attention to what the NPCs are telling you. For example, was running around for HOURS a few weeks ago trying to help a friend figure out why he didn't have access to guildhests. He swore he did everything, but after hours of looking around and asking people, it turns out he simply never talked to the Leve NPC they told you to go talk to after the level 10 story mission. Had he paid attention in the first place instead of assuming he did "everything" he'd have been just fine.

Now, in this case it actually intrigues me. I was trying to help a couple guys out of /shout chat find the quest they missed. Oddly, they were both in the exact same position as you are. On saturday, I boosted my fresh Gladiator from 1-17 with absolutely no snags.
    Did you take the chocobo to Horizon? I remember you actually had to hire the porter out of Ul'dah to Horizon for one part of the quest that wouldn't continue unless you did it that way. That's the only scenario I could possible imagine a total lack of quest icons, otherwise you'd be able to see it on your map or in your quest log.
  9. Rainy daise

Rainy daise Member

I did not take a Chocobo to Horizon, only fron there to Ul'duh, so maybe that was my problem, I will pay more attention during Phase 4. Also I did not complete the quest Oh Captain my Captain, not sure if that made a difference, I tried but died, and died all over again times 4. :nailbiting: Thank you all for your input, so nice to have all this help.
  10. deneathor

deneathor Member

Yeah, the Oh Captain my Captain quest was a necessity to get to the point you can get your Airship Pass. I watched my wife, who is also a THM, go through that quest this past weekend and she got her airship pass soon thereafter.
  11. Rainy daise

Rainy daise Member

How did she beat him, I was dead in no time. :eek:
  12. deneathor

deneathor Member

Refresh my memory on how the battle is on this one please. Is this the Gargoyle fight?
  13. Rainy daise

Rainy daise Member

this is the one that you have to fight a guy (I assume he is a Lancer) while the Captain fights someone else. This guy is really hard, well to me, It does say that it is capped at lvl 17. I am level 15 and was given this quest, so I assumed I should be high enough to beat him. I guess I am maybe not that talented, or equipped. :rolleyes:
  14. deneathor

deneathor Member

Oh OK. For that one she slept the Lancer guy and focused nuking the target of the NPC. Rinse and repeat this method until all the minions are dead. After that she went to town on the Lancer, remembering to stay close by to the NPC who helps cure as well as bring him down.

For the fight she consumed one hi-potion when needed and ate a bubble chocolate.

Hope that helps when you face off against this quest again :)
    Genesys16 likes this.
  15. Genesys16

Genesys16 Active Member

Hiya Rainy daise! I'm @deneathor's wife IRL. LOL. I was wondering why he was texting me about the fight while I was at the gym hahaha. But seriously, I did exactly what he described. Also, at the time, I didn't realize, but I wasn't updating my attributes.... I didn't read much when I started playing beta phase 3... so didn't realize I had to do that so that helped. Make sure you kill the mage minion first... the AOE from it's nukes suck donkey balls... :confused: After that, the two archers are cake. :)
  16. Rainy daise

Rainy daise Member

Thank you so much, I will save this info and try it when get back to that level. :)
    Genesys16 likes this.