Flash spamming?

Discussion in 'Disciples of War' started by Azure Reinhardt, Jan 11, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Azure Reinhardt

Azure Reinhardt New Member

Server:
    Adamantoise
    Seriously... Idk what it is, but currently playing as a GLA, and honestly I have to say Flash is rather useless after the first initial aggro pull, yet i'm constantly told to cast it. But seriously, why the heck would I want to spam Flash? All it becomes is a MP dump, sure it can blind enemies, but... In comparison to Overpower or Unleash, it just sucks. It deals 0 Damage, which of course is what is needed to keep hate... If I get told to Flash trash mobs one more time i'm gonna effing scream. Flash is heavily overrated as the GLD's AoE skill, but in reality it just comes down to sucking so very much at keep Aggro... I swear I have the least fun playing this Class out of the Three tanks. Dark Knight being my favorite, while Warrior being a second... GLD I think i'm just gonna drop it and continue playing as something else.

2. praysolace

praysolace Warrior of Light

Server:
    Brynhildr
    I... you... wh...

Tell me you're trolling.
    Tell me you're trolling

"Flash is heavily overrated as the GLD's AoE skill"—as opposed to what? What, then, is the Gladiator's AoE skill? You don't have Circle of Scorn yet and it's on a 25s recast timer. What else, exactly, do you think a Gladiator has for AOE aggro?

"It deals 0 Damage, which of course is what is needed to keep hate"—Flash generates enmity. It doesn't deal damage to do it, but it still generates enmity. It says so in the description. It's a thing.

"If I get told to Flash trash mobs one more time i'm gonna effing scream"—forget it, this has to be a troll. At this point the only reason I'm not deleting everything I wrote is because clueless newbies sometimes stumble upon threads and believe things people say implicitly.

Skylock and MasterBox like this.
  3. Azure Reinhardt

Server:
    Adamantoise
    This isn't a troll thread, honestly don't see the value in Flash. It is useless and is garbage. People defend it like it actually does something, like why would I troll? I started with Warrior, then switch to GLA to get provoke, and honestly I was told constantly to spam flash, and I lost aggro more times than I can count because of it. Seriously... It is rude to i'm trolling when i'm voicing my honest opinion on the matter. I find it useless and I can say without a doubt it is overrated as both a Enmity gen and as a skill.

4. Dogasai Malqir

Dogasai Malqir New Member

Server:
    Brynhildr
    Then what skill that GLD has at that level would you think is more effective? If you're spamming Flash and losing aggro either you're getting out geared in FATEs or are under geared in dungeons.

Or your party is ignoring your marking order in which case it's on them.

5. praysolace

Server:
    Brynhildr

6. Carbonyl

Carbonyl Crystal Brave

Enmity/hate isn't solely dictated by damage applied, it is a separate parameter. This explains why healers are able to pull aggro off of you by just spamming their spells.

Flash's primary ability is to increase enmity upon all nearby targets towards you. Unless I'm mistaken its the single largest way to increase enmity outside of skills that place you at the top instantly.

You are correct in the thought that there are better skills to increase your DPS but thats not the same as increasing your enmity. Which as a tank your main purpose is to make sure you are the enemies' primary focus.

7. praysolace

Server:
    Brynhildr
    Flash doesn't generate as much aggro as Overpower or Unleash (Unleash is mad OP). But Gladiators can't use Overpower or Unleash.

People tell you to spam Flash because it's the only AOE aggro gen you HAVE. The alternative is just alternating your aggro combo around multiple enemies which only works when you have a solid aggro lead to begin with and/or have very few enemies.

8. Azure Reinhardt

Server:
    Adamantoise
    I still have yet to see any use from it sure it is the only AoE they have at low levels, but even so it is well past downtrodden. And no it isn't because i'm out geared or anything, but still I for one find the Flash utterly terrible, but alas only reason I made this thread was to see if there was a better option than Flash, because after initial pull it has been useless for me really. Unleash and Overpower are the go to AoE attacks, yet the GLA is the only one of the three that doesn't start with a decent AoE Gen. Flash is seriously something that might sound good on paper, but even with the Moderate Enmity gen it does at the start it is something that makes you desire a better AoE attack. Either way... As I said i'm just gonna go back to Warrior which is one of the best tanking classes i've found. GLA is only really good at the start for single targets from what i've experience in my time with it, don't see how people stuck with it long enough to go PLD, but that's when it gets a bit better i've heard, but I cannot especially given how terrible it is trying to keep hate for a GLA.

9. Fybrile

Fybrile Administrator

Server:
    Cactaur
    This is clearly a troll thread. Closed.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.