First Bot i've seen

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Shazam, Aug 27, 2013.

1. Shazam

Shazam Member

so i just confirm a bot, he knew where the monster spawn everytime and kill it everytime, same position. all around the map at the right moment when the monster spawn. i knew by then when i checked his lvl, lvl 32 farming a lvl 20 monster. took print screen but where to report?
  2. Lord of Onzozo

Lord of Onzozo Active Member

Let's all start reporting this type of activity.
    Genesys16 likes this.
  3. Shazam

Shazam Member

im playing on JP server, if i report it in english, will support be able to read it?
  4. Z.chu

Z.chu Member

Report is found in Help desk, far right tab! I reported someone already too Dx I was hoping not to see this on a pay-to-pay game :meh:
    Shroomie and xusha like this.
  5. Real

Real Member

Get bots no matter what, unfortunately. Even WoW is still plagued with them.
    Pure Lucid and xusha like this.
  6. xusha

xusha Well Known Member

Well there is a 30 day free trial, so sadly you'll see them :(
  7. Bane766

Bane766 Member

You'll see them even after the trial. Those sites make a ton of money, sadly. And they steal people's logins a lot from people visiting their sites with key loggers and such.
  8. shiNn

shiNn Member

well the mining is a grind in ff14. This person doesnt have to be a bot imho. I'm walking the same :D

Show Spoiler

some of you obvly know these sites but just as info bots acutally exists. Sad but true like in every mmo ever
    http://www.elitepvpers.com/forum/final-fantasy-xiv
    Last edited: Aug 28, 2013
  9. Digitalbulletz

Digitalbulletz Member

don't mean to steal your thread but how do you mine in FFXIV?
  10. peet44

peet44 Member

Mining guild in Ul'Dah. Join (once you unlock the ability to pick up other classes...) and get to work!
    Digitalbulletz likes this.
  11. Digitalbulletz

Digitalbulletz Member

thanks bro Ill check it out when I log back in
    peet44 likes this.
  12. Brandon Copeland

Brandon Copeland Active Member

Weaving is more fun!
    Pure Lucid likes this.
  13. Lord of Onzozo

Lord of Onzozo Active Member

Either you are admitting you bot or you don't seem to think there is anything wrong with someone running faster than a chocobo while being stealth(reduced movement speed to crawl).

Also looks like you buy gil, which is sad 1 day after launch for anyone to be doing that.
  14. THBronx

THBronx Newbie

Unfortunately there is already a bot available for FFXIV ARR with which you can do mining, fishing and also track and hunt mobs.

Previously, some 10 years ago, whenever I found some bot in MMORPGs that I played, I started to get mad and to report them all. Nowadays, I see that only wasted my time!
    Depending on the structure of the game and also the company, they will always exist and will not rely on our reports to ban them all and for ever.

It's kind of like a plague or drugs: will always exist. I just do not understand how someone paid monthly something for which he program something to play for him, where's the fun in that? It is a kind of "stupid nerd" I think (e-penis, u know). Do not waste your time with them.
    Zangoose likes this.
  15. Spokenlastchance

Spokenlastchance Member

Bots will alway exist because time is money, and when people believe the time isn't worth the gain and they have extra money they will find alternate avenues.

If you want to blame anyone blame the developers for making games feel so grindy at times people don't enjoy them. I don't blame people for using them to farm.

I for one play video games for fun not to feel like a job.

I've used a game shark before to level, and I've used exploits in games like fable, and skyrim because I want to enjoy myself not sit for hours on end grinding levels.
  16. Shazam

Shazam Member

it wont be a waste of time if its permaban.
  17. Spokenlastchance

Spokenlastchance Member

You clearly don't understand how current bots work most look almost seamless they play better then some actual players.

The one above is an example of a unrefined bot. Good bots have what looks like random movements and pathways have delayed combat timers and some ever jump randomly. Companies make tons off money of them.

There are two types of botters people who own their account and use them for personal gain, and those generally are the most sneaky and make very real looking bots.

Then there are the companies that sell gold, and those are the ones that are usually very obvious their bots, and they are the ones that steal people's account information. These people will just buy an account then use it to much sometimes at the cost of a ban, but by the end they still make profit. Because once items are sold they are not going to tace everything it's not worth it.
  18. Lucien McFly

Lucien McFly Active Member

Then u should stick to single player games my friend, mmos aint for u. The grind is where its at in mmos just go back to EQ, that was grind city( crushbone, orc highway, mistmoore and so many other areas in there). It just makes you work for u to reap the rewards. It sucks that kids are to lazy to enjoy a good grind session now /:.

Back to topic, i personally have never used a bot, never will. And honestly they dont bother me at all, just put them on the ol blacklist and/or report em end o story
  19. Spokenlastchance

Spokenlastchance Member

EQ failed because of that reason....full eastern mmos are grind based. However western mmos have been getting away from that for years. Companies have figured out there is no such thing as a "good grind/ fun grind"

I can give examples, but time invested doesn't mean you're good, and mmos have changed to reflect that. You used to be able to just grind you way to power now you have to actually know what you're doing.

Mmos have proven to not have long term life with very grindy based models.

On a side related note I've played quite a few mmos. WoW, TERA, Rift, GW2, LoL, Secret World, and Dota2. So I have quite a bit of MMORPG experience, and all these games have evolved to make everything less grindy.
  20. Lucien McFly

Lucien McFly Active Member

U should slap yourself, EQ is probably the longest running mmo out there ,there is even a new EQ game in the works. And your right because western kids are freaking lazy as hell and dont wanna work for end game.