Final Fantasy XV

Discussion in 'Other Games' started by Jinzuku, Nov 30, 2016.

1. Jinzuku

Jinzuku Vice Administrator

Server:
    Phoenix
    So it's here, after approximately 11 years since the first reveal trailer we finally have Final Fantasy XV.

What do you think of it so far?
    What has it done well?
    What could be improved?
    Was it worth the wait/delay?

I'm loving it so far and am yet to find any faults with it but I'm not that far through it yet.

Obviously don't post any spoilers unless you use the spoiler tabs.

2. Ish

Ish Scion

Server:
    Leviathan
    I am loving it so far. The world seems rather big and so many quests, though some of them still feel like "fetch" that we have in FFXIV but thank god not as dull and annoying, lol.
    Having it delayed for so long and now on PS4 and PS4 Pro i think worked out well.
    Only at Chapter 3 atm but hope to just take my time, enjoy the scenery and overall just have fun.
    Behemoth last night.... :D

Fybrile likes this.
  3. I haven't really played much of it. I think I'm about 1 hr in and so far it just seems kind of bleh. I killed some monsters for a quest. That's about it.

4. Maaja

Maaja Moderator

Server:
    Bryn, Siren
    I got it the other day, but I'm writing out my Christmas cards before I start, otherwise I dunno if they'll get done. lol I can't wait to play, tho!

GeekMatt and Crimson Requiem like this.
  5. racooperii

racooperii Warrior of Light

Server:
    Brynhildr
    So , I took the release week off and really dove head first into this game. And now that I'm hitting the 100 hour mark I can say it's a beautifully flawed game. There are definate glaring issues but they don't really detract from the game as a whole.

I thought the ending was perfect, heartfelt and I'm not afraid to say I cried at the end.

This has to be one of the most fun games I've ever played and is easily in my top 5 favorite FF games. Now I'm looking forward to the added content and DLC to flesh out the experience.

Last edited: Dec 14, 2016
    Maaja, Jinzuku and Fybrile like this.
  6. Lord Tristem

Lord Tristem Crystal Brave

Server:
    Zalera
    Okay so I so the lore in the minute of this game since I can't play the game since I don't own a console. And this is my honest impression of the game.

7. Ricanelite

Ricanelite New Member

Server:
    Diabolos

8. GeekMatt

GeekMatt Moderator

This just arrived in the mail today while I was on my way to work. I'm excited for it, but it couldn't have been worse timing! I'm so busy and invested in ffxiv right now so the games will be competing for my free time :arghh:

Jinzuku likes this.
  9. Ish

Ish Scion

Server:
    Leviathan
    Do it:)
    It is also the Festival event thing that is going on atm until next month
    It seems ok so far from what i have done, but have had noticeable frame rate drops.

10. GeekMatt

GeekMatt Moderator

Level 14 now, and just did the Deadeye side quest, which I remember seeing a preview of before the game's release. A lot of this stuff was really well done, though there are times where I wish people would stop talking—particularly the reapeting stuff, like how Ignis talks to me every time I try to drive the car.

Overall the game really draws you in. I enjoy the battle system sometimes and others I feel like it needs work. Haven't done much of the MSQ but so far so good, and I really appreciate a lot of the finer details of the game, it's really engaging to run around and do stuff

11. Fybrile

Fybrile Administrator

Server:
    Tonberry
    The battle system fleshes out a bit more through the main story. By the end of the game, it can get pretty strategic, with particular types of enemies requiring different techniques and approaches. All in all, I found it to be one of the best action melee based combat systems I've ever played. Enjoyed it more than Witcher 3s combat by a sliver (that sliver being warp strikes and companion abilities).

GeekMatt likes this.
  12. Choochoobo

Choochoobo Crystal Brave

Server:
    Leviathan
    I just finished the main story today. I know I'm far behind but it was a great relief to get it out of the way (especially while our XIV servers were down). Excited to see what the post-game brings me.

Unpopular opinion: I believe the XIII triology was better.

Jinzuku likes this.
  13. Jinzuku

Jinzuku Vice Administrator

Server:
    Phoenix
    I found that the XIII games got worse with each instalment (didn't even finish the 3rd one)

I still need to go back and finish the side quests in FFXV. I've been so tied up in D&D related activities that I've let my video games slide a bit.

Choochoobo likes this.
  14. Choochoobo

Choochoobo Crystal Brave

Server:
    Leviathan
    Understandable! Most people end up not enjoying LIGHTNING RETURNS as much. For me, it was my second favorite of the trilogy (after the first) just because I enjoyed the world building and story. XIII-2 was great it just sort of was a stretch on the story for me. . .
    Show Spoiler
    time traveling and all

I noticed they introduced new(?) ranks for QP that's integrated with the Timed Battle Quests. Also, hope your D&D is going well! I tried joining a campaign once and left like two weeks later lmao.