Final Fantasy X Switch vs Vita?

Discussion in 'Other Games' started by delta5ff, Apr 16, 2019 at 7:26 PM.

1. delta5ff

delta5ff Scion

Good afternoon all :)
    I Got both Final Fantasy X and X-2 at launch on the PS2 and then again on the Vita. After looking around the internet for a while I've not found anywhere that directly compare the Vita version to the one that's just released on switch.

Having recently buying a Switch and not having may games I want to know if it's worth buying it a third time or is there just not enough difference to justify buying it at full price again?

Just for clarification If I did buy it again it would almost universally be played in handheld mode

In advance I thank you for your time.

Fybrile likes this.
  2. Jinzuku

Jinzuku Vice Administrator

Server:
    Phoenix
    Final Fantasy X is amazing and always good to play again and again. I think I've bought it 3 times now. PS2, PS Vita and again on PS4. I've probably played it 5 times by now.

In terms of whether it's worth buying again, it's really a question of whether you want to play it again.

I have the same issue with my Switch though. As I'm not a fan of Nintendo franchises, it's mostly been collecting dust. The only time I can see myself blowing off the dust is for Marvel Ultimate Alliance 3 and Pokémon Sword/Shield.

3. delta5ff

delta5ff Scion

I mainly got it for pokemon as well and my friend wanted a quick sale so I got it for £160 with let's go included. No where seems to be saying anything about the vita version (which I have, never bothered with the ps4).

Its just £40 is a lot of money for an old game, it may be to games in one but lets face it. it's the main game I'd be buying it for. While X-2 is a good game its not that great.

But I probally will get XII when it comes out on switch since I've never bought or played it again since I got it on PS2.

4. Jinzuku

Jinzuku Vice Administrator

Server:
    Phoenix
    It's that Nintendo tax you pay for anything on the Switch. I agree with X-2, I've probably played it twice and not finished it either time.

I didn't bother with Let's Go as I already play Pokémon Go a lot.

The other option is to pay for Nintendo Online and get access to all those NES games?