Final Fantasy 14 Dungeons

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Draven, Aug 21, 2013.

1. Draven

Draven New Member

Some of them look pretty cool
  2. Elvirnith

Elvirnith Active Member

Visually, they're all gorgeous. I wasn't really sure about SAS when I did it, though. It was far too straight forward and incredibly easy. The first time I did it we didn't even have an actual tank. Just plowed through with 1 healer and all DPS. There may be tougher versions of dungeons later on, but I wasn't overly impressed with that dungeon.

For example, the first dungeon I did in Rift was damn hard. It wasn't something you could just cake walk through and the final boss had some mechanics that were actually pretty challenging at that level. The final boss in SAS was so easy it was basically a cake walk.

I'm hoping that was just limited to that individual dungeon and others will be more complex/interesting.
  3. fluttersnipe

fluttersnipe Active Member

Which first dungeon in rift are you talking about? Realm of the Fae was a cakewalk.
  4. Syn

Syn Guest

Can't wait for EA to tackle all of these.
  5. Elvirnith

Elvirnith Active Member

Ah right, it depends on your starting area. Iron Tomb was the first for me.
  6. ThadeusStern89

ThadeusStern89 Active Member

Dungeons are great fun, and definitely require coordination on the part of each party member. Positional DPS classes have to position themselves at the flank or back of an enemy, so the tank has to hold the enmity at all times. I did Sastasha four times during P4, lol. I had nothing else to do with my second DPS class (PUG) so just spammed dungeons for aetherial gear. :D
  7. fluttersnipe

fluttersnipe Active Member

Okay lol. Yeah I had heard Iron Tomb was a lot more difficult than the other starter dungeon.
  8. Elvirnith

Elvirnith Active Member

I wiped so many times in Iron Tomb. And going back and playing it on Expert at lvl 50? Oh my god. So hard. If you weren't with a healer that was damn well geared up then you were SOL. The 2nd boss in the place put stacking DoT's on the tank and even with like 25,000 HP at the time (before Storm Legion came out) I'd still die sometimes if my DPS and healer couldn't keep up.
  9. Taaltos

Taaltos Member

Iron Tomb was cake. Spank and Tank mostly. When the NPC calls, you run to the light circle. Tank stays tanking. Nothing difficult about that at all.
  10. Draven

Draven New Member

Some of these dungeons remind me a lot of the old FFXI Areas
  11. Madrone Damodred

Madrone Damodred Active Member

You and me both. Dangit, you got me to bump your thread about this dungeon video, when mine's been posted for 8 hours already.
    Last edited: Aug 21, 2013
  12. Scooty Puff Sr

Scooty Puff Sr Newbie

I just knew from the look of Praetorium that Either Ultima or Omega was going to pop out hahaha. It was only a leg, but that was enough to confirm it for me. Man I'm so excited about this game now. I NEED DEM HOMAM ARMOR DROPS!

Don't believe me? Watch @ 8:52
  13. Draven

Draven New Member

Homam?! I loved that armor!
    --- Double Post Merged, Aug 21, 2013 ---
    Sorry my friend i did not see your post!
  14. Sithius

Sithius Active Member

Pretty awesome. Or as the kids today say "phat".
  15. RoseFaithful

RoseFaithful Member

Oh I just love this. Though I am afraid I'm going to get my group killed because I'm busy taking screen shots of some pretty lights.

"Tank WTF are you DOING!?
    "...can you not see the lighting in this place?"