FFXIV News FFXIV's Recruitment Campaign

Discussion in 'Final Fantasy XIV News' started by MiKairi, Jul 31, 2014.

1. Shiroe Shirogane

Shiroe Shirogane Crystal Brave

So their recruitment campaign IMO is kind of borked for several reasons, having attempted it with my brother this weekend.

#1.) Trials have to wait 24 hours before activating the game. Why this matters I'm not sure. If I bought the game and just created an account I wouldn't have had this problem, but for some reason the trial software is special. It should allow you to register a real game at any point.

#2.) None of the items listed above take effect till after the bonus period and after your free month you get for buying the game. So by the time the items designed to help a low level new player become active, the player who would have got the items is well beyond needing them, and neither the recruiter or recruitee would benefit from them. Even if you went ahead and purchased a 90 subscription, it still wouldn't benefit you since the billing is delayed. They need an option for billing immediately, not after the trial period to at least give new players and recruiters and option to benefit from these items.

#3.) SE doesn't allow for the purchase of digital codes to pre-purchase subscription time. The only way to do this is with game cards, which have to be mailed to you, and only come in 60-day allotments. So if you're a new player and a recruiter, the end cost of the entire recruitment if you were really looking to take advantage of the items is $25 for the game, and another $60 to buy 2 x 2 month game cards. I'm pretty flabbergasted at this point you can't just go on their store, buy a digital code and enter it on their system to buy game time at this day and age.

2. ll Dan G ll

ll Dan G ll Adventurer

I saw someone in Mor Dhona with the 2 seat Chocobo on Friday, there were about 100 people standing there gawping at it lol:)

3. Shiroe Shirogane

Yeah, they probably went out and bought the game cards which I haven't done. I have some getting mailed to me, but it's going to be two days, and by then my brother will probably be past level 25.

4. ll Dan G ll

ll Dan G ll Adventurer

Oh, I see your point:(

5. praysolace

praysolace Warrior of Light

Server:
    Brynhildr
    I saw it there too—it was so pretty! So, so, so pretty! (I uh, was one of the gawpers.) And I can't have it because I'm out of people to recruit. WHY SQUENIX WHY?! XD

Shiroe Shirogane and ll Dan G ll like this.
  6. ll Dan G ll

ll Dan G ll Adventurer

I know, it sucks:(

I only know two people that are into MMO's and they both have the game. I'm almost tempted to walk down the street asking complete strangers to join:D

7. praysolace

Server:
    Brynhildr
    XD Eh, if you're charismatic enough...

8. ll Dan G ll

ll Dan G ll Adventurer

I'm screwed:(

9. praysolace

Server:
    Brynhildr
    You and me both, good sir. XD

10. Ivy

Ivy Bounty Hunter II

Server:
    Gilgamesh
    @Shiroe Shirogane
    You can buy 90 days exactly via Steam if you don't want to purchase gamecards, so that's always an option.

11. Shiroe Shirogane

Do you have to be on steam? I'm not so that could be an issue. However, did not know of that option since it's not advertised, but it might help someone else who are looking to do the same thing.

12. Ivy

Ivy Bounty Hunter II

Server:
    Gilgamesh
    You don't have to be, but your friend does. They'd buy the copy from Steam and then add the code on the actual lodestone. You'll also instantly get your items this payment way.

13. Shiroe Shirogane

Yeah, too late for us at that point. Already purchased the game from Amazon digitally so I would get credit on my account :p

14. Ninjaff7

Ninjaff7 New Member

Figure I will throw some codes in here, hope you enjoy the game.
    Recruitment Code: UATKWGAX

15. Adamus

Adamus New Member

H
    Has anyone taken you up on this yet I am getting the game as of this week and would be nice to help out getting the referrer the mount and i would like the bonus xp

16. Ninjaff7

Ninjaff7 New Member

I didn't wanna make a new thread when this one is still around. Anyway to the codes!

9Y2CUXPP
    QGCG8ZJA
    MSZ2F4BV

What to do:
    You need to use the code before getting a paid subscription, during the free trial after the purchase of the game.

After creating a Square Enix account, log into the Mogstation.
    Go to "Your Account", then find the "Enter Recruitment Code" button. Click on it and enter the code.

You will get your rewards after you get a paid Sub.

image: https://forums.mmorpg.com/resources/emoji/smiley.png

[​IMG]

What we get:
    https://na.finalfantasyxiv.com/lodestone/special/friend_recruit/

Have Fun!
    (one has been used already)

Read more at https://forums.mmorpg.com/discussio...s-offers-and-requests/p14#TrsJpU2XSr2t7ie0.99

17. Ninjaff7

Ninjaff7 New Member

HGG53KUQ

What to do:
    You need to use the code before getting a paid subscription, during the free trial after the purchase of the game.

After creating a Square Enix account, log into the Mogstation .
    Go to "Your Account", then find the "Enter Recruitment Code" button. Click on it and enter the code.

You will get your rewards after you get a paid Sub. =)

What we get:
    https://na.finalfantasyxiv.com/lodestone/special/friend_recruit/