FFXIV News FFXIV's Recruitment Campaign

Discussion in 'Final Fantasy XIV News' started by MiKairi, Jul 31, 2014.

1. Ivy

Ivy Bounty Hunter II

Server:
    Gilgamesh
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Whether you're braving the depths of dangerous dungeons, harvesting the realm's natural bounties, or taking in sweeping vistas, your adventures in Eorzea will be that much more rewarding together with your friends.

Recruit a friend now via the FINAL FANTASY XIV: Mog Station.

Recruit Now
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    For Recruiters and Friends
    [​IMG]
    Friendship Circlet

Increases EXP earned by 20% when below level 25.

For Recruiters
    Aetheryte Pendulum

Teleport to the aetheryte closest to New Adventurers on your friend list free of charge.
    * The Aetheryte Pendulum can be used for any New Adventurers on your friend list, even if you have not invited them via the Recruit a Friend campaign.

[​IMG]
    For Recruiters
    [​IMG]
    Draught Chocobo Whistle

A special hand-carved whistle used to summon a draught chocobo, capable of accommodating a second passenger when partying with others.

* To board the passenger seat, select a party member currently riding a draught chocobo, then select the Ride Pillion subcommand.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Step 1

Log into the FINAL FANTASY XIV: Mog Station, then proceed to the Recruit a Friend page, where you can enter a message to be sent to your friend along with a recruitment code.

Proceed to the FINAL FANTASY XIV: Mog Station

Step 2

When your friend receives your message with the enclosed recruitment code, have them create a Square Enix account if they have yet to do so, then register the recruitment code via the Mog Station.

Step 3

Both you and your friend will receive exclusive recruitment rewards based on your friend's number of accumulated subscription days.

Note

* In-game rewards will be granted based on the number of subscription days accumulated. Note that the 30 day free trial period will not be counted. To receive reward items immediately, you must purchase subscription days using a game time card. Items will be delivered via the moogle delivery service.
    * Reward items can only be redeemed once per character. Inviting multiple friends will not grant additional items.
    * Friends invited via the Recruit a Friend system will not be added to your in-game Friend List automatically.

Recruit a friend now via the FINAL FANTASY XIV: Mog Station.

FFXIV has now open a Refer A Friend system. Unlike most games, it's only one friend, but depends on how much they sub for. They have tried to make some pretty good rewards as well, particularly that Chocobo taxi and level 25 20% XP bonus. There's already a subreddit for recruiting as well.
    What are your opinions on this? I personally think it's a great idea to go off of days subbed rather than "Refer X amount of people". SE has chosen a pretty good way to make sure people keep playing, rather than a spam of potential alt accounts (people'll do this, too - even if the game is 25 dollars) like some games forget to remember.

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 31, 2014
    GeekMatt likes this.
  2. praysolace

praysolace Warrior of Light

Server:
    Brynhildr
    Oh man, seriously? I was referred by a friend, and I referred three people already, and I'm out of people who might be interested in joining and haven't already. Dagnabit. Wait, there's one more person, except he's worried his PS3 is dying so he keeps not joining. I'M MANHANDLING HIM INTO JOINING AND MAKING HIM LIST ME AS REFERRER

That two-person chocobo looks too sweet to pass up.

3. Shiroe Shirogane

Shiroe Shirogane Crystal Brave

2 Man Chocobo? Man, I'm so doing this.

4. Ivy

Ivy Bounty Hunter II

Server:
    Gilgamesh
    Screenshot of the Chocobo from Reddit, if anyone's curious.
    [​IMG]

5. Shiroe Shirogane

LAWD! LAWDY LAWD LAWD!

[​IMG]

ll Dan G ll likes this.
  6. praysolace

Server:
    Brynhildr
    Actually, reading the instructions, it sounds like it *might* be possible to give the recruitment code to somebody who's already gotten the game and get credit. Probably not, because then people would just be exchanging codes with random people for credit, but I would like it if there were an actual loophole there since seriously I already got three people into this dang game and I'm starting to suspect Frasier will NEVER sub, no matter how much the four of us greet him with "Hey Frasier get FFXIV" every single time we see him.

7. Shiroe Shirogane

If there is one thing SE does right it's bugs, so there probably is a loophole in there :p

8. praysolace

Server:
    Brynhildr
    Buuuuuurn. :p

9. Ivy

Ivy Bounty Hunter II

Server:
    Gilgamesh
    May or may not already tried this, but they have to have a registered account with that code. Problem being that it'd be a new account that isn't linked to their current one, and as a result, they'd have new characters and have to start at 1 again. You could buy another copy and dump 45 into the sub, though (70 dollars total) if you really wanted it.

10. Frostwolf

Frostwolf Crystal Brave

o_O give me that chocobo it looks AWSOME!

11. Joygasm Ironfist

Joygasm Ironfist Crystal Brave

Mounts are neat, but in a game with such small zones (in the major scheme of things anyway) and being able to teleport to each zone - a 2 seater chocobo isn't much to be excited about - or rather to be discouraged about availability.

It is kind of crap that they do this, they've pretty much hit the peak of 95% players they'll ever have subscribe. This is just a cash grab and probably anticipate people just buying another account for it - like how people did for RAF in WoW xp bonus.

12. praysolace

Server:
    Brynhildr
    Yeah, when I looked through the actual instructions instead of the little summary later, that became clear. Which suuuuuuucks.

13. Shiroe Shirogane

Ugh, so going to try and recruitment my brother and give him a free 3 month sub. Hopefully he bites. He loves MMO's, but sometimes it's hard to get him off of things he's already playing. World of Tanks seems to be his latest obsession, not sure why. :p

Last edited: Aug 1, 2014
  14. praysolace

Server:
    Brynhildr
    Right? And my efforts to bully Frasier into joining may have to redouble now. But watch, he'll decide to surprise us all by signing up and telling us after the fact, and every last one of us will cry because NO ONE could get the promo deal.

...Maybe I need to go full disclosure on him and let him know about this promo ahead of time XD

15. Ivy

Ivy Bounty Hunter II

Server:
    Gilgamesh
    I do agree that FF zones aren't that bad, but one of the main reasons I'm so wary to heal my SCH alt is because of running in each zone instead of having a mount to speed things up. Even in this case, I would have friends willing to help if they got their hands on one. I'd just think of the mount as something for people who are that lazy - and I'll readily admit I'm one of them.

16. Frostwolf

Frostwolf Crystal Brave

Heh for me i just love collect things like this, bad habbit from wow ^_^

17. Hermes

Hermes Scion

So... How's it gonna work when the Lala invites her massive Roed friend to join her on that teeny little bird??

Poor little Choco... (*squish*)

Shiroe Shirogane and praysolace like this.
  18. Shiroe Shirogane

So tried it with trial and talk about a stupid system, they won't even let you upgrade immediately as well as no method of using digital game time card codes.

19. Razelis

Razelis New Member

If anyone wants the new recruit in game items here is my friend key :D

Register a service account using the invitation code below when you subscribe to the game, and you'll receive an exclusive in-game item reward.
    Recruitment Code: 3HES7WQM

Last edited: Aug 8, 2014
  20. praysolace

Server:
    Brynhildr
    Congratulations, you made me laugh. That's awesome. XD

Hermes likes this.