FFXIV Checklist 4.0 Is Now Live

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Mike Duncan, Aug 24, 2018.

1. Mike Duncan

Mike Duncan New Member

Top Poster Of Month

Server:
    Jenova
    Ever wanted a checklist that helps you keep track of just about everything to make sure you're getting the most out of your Final Fantasy XIV experience? Leves? Sure! Logs? Of course. FATEs? Achievements? Quests? Minions? Mounts? Orchestrion Rolls? Triple Triad? Yes to them all! Corrections, questions, suggestions, salutations, and loot are all welcome. I created this to settle my own OCD brain, but I hope that others will find this helpful and... enjoyable as well. Make sure to begin by selecting your first class!

Note: The pages are mostly locked except for the completion markers, but without a password since this is my first pass, so I'm sure there will be issues.

Extra note just for the people running this site: if you find this humble document worthy and you want to host it on you're Guides area, you have my permission to do so, so long as it remains as is.

Choochoobo and Jinzuku like this.
  2. Mike Duncan

Mike Duncan New Member

Top Poster Of Month

Server:
    Jenova
    Due to a number of requests, I have createdhttps://ffxiv100completionchecklist.wordpress.com/a blog to follow along with the evolution of the Checklist and a place where you can talk about it and give feed back, as well as make sure that you've got the latest version.

3. Jinzuku

Jinzuku Vice Administrator

Server:
    Phoenix
    I have to say as a huge fan of spreadsheets that I approve of this.

Mike Duncan likes this.
  4. Mike Duncan

Mike Duncan New Member

Top Poster Of Month

Server:
    Jenova
    I appreciate that. Next time I'll save you some data entry! :)

5. Jinzuku

Server:
    Phoenix
    I made something similar for D&D in Excel. It's a reference that allows someone to see all the information over the main books in one place. It took me ages but feels good.

Unfortunately, I tried to share it on Reddit and I was break rules so I had to take it down and only give it friends and such.

So I am also an Excel enthusiast for collation of data about a game

6. Mike Duncan

Mike Duncan New Member

Top Poster Of Month

Server:
    Jenova
    Well I just put a link to where it can be downloaded and a link to the blog on Reddit, and nobody had complained yet. I would love to get it turned into a website, but I don't have those kinds of skills to build it, or the funds to pay someone else to build it.

7. Jinzuku

Server:
    Phoenix
    I think in my case it was a particular rule Wizards of the Coast had in place for people not to re-post details in their books outside of the standard one. They want people to buy all their books after all.

8. Mike Duncan

Mike Duncan New Member

Top Poster Of Month

Server:
    Jenova
    Oh yeah, those Wizards know all sorts of copyright sorcery. Alaka-lawsuit!

Jinzuku and GeekMatt like this.