FFXIV 1.0 CE registration code

Discussion in 'Technical Support' started by Ninten, Aug 15, 2013.

1. Ninten

Ninten New Member

Hello all! New here and thought someone would know what I need to do about this. I bought the original CE for FFXIV back at release. After seeing a couple bad reviews, I decided to keep it sealed and hold onto it for a while in hopes the game would improve. Fast forward to now and I want to register the game to get both sets of CE items and play ARR. My registration code for the game is 16 digits and looks something like this: XXXX-XXXX-XXXX-XXXX On SE's website, it only allows you to imput codes in an 8 and 12 digit format. I have sent a message to SE asking if I could still use the code for ARR and how to do it. They just replied that I could use it and no mention of how. So, here I am. Any suggestions how to register it? Thanks for your help.

Ninten
  2. Immortalized

Immortalized Member

Did you ever find out how to do this? I found my old 1.0 CE registration codes as well.
  3. Powdered Toast Man

Powdered Toast Man Newbie

I've been trying to find an answer for this for days. Anyone have any ideas?
  4. Immortalized

Immortalized Member

If you never registered the game, I'm not sure. You might need to reach out to their online support to ask. I realized that I screwed up with my 1.0 CE and registered it under a different account than my ARR beta account. Since they can't merge them, I have to decide on if I want to wait for the official launch and claim my mount at level 1, or keep my 25+ hours of progress from open beta, have early access, and live without the perks.

I've already pre-ordered ARR CE so I don't mine paying for it. If you just have your 1.0 and don't plan on repurchasing, I'd definitely reach out to their support on how to activate you copy.
  5. SadPandaLulu

SadPandaLulu Active Member

From what I understand you should be able to apply the 1.0 CE code on the new Mog Mail site once it opens up. The Pre-Order key had the same format that you're indicating and the Mog Mail thing will be replacing the current account management system. Once that account management system opens you should be able to register the appropriate code, but it's likely you'll have to wait until 27th whenever they launch the new system.

If you're still unable to do so when they open the floodgates for serial keys, then I would contact customer support again and indicate it won't allow you to use an old CE code.
  6. Pinnique

Pinnique New Member

Last edited: Aug 26, 2013
  7. Djurkwhad Wormwood

Djurkwhad Wormwood Newbie

I think you're doing what I did. You're looking at the 16 digit product registration card. This is not the code you use to register the game.
    The registration code you use is printed on the back side of the manual, inside the disc case.
  8. Nerdrage-San

Nerdrage-San Active Member

I've been having an issue with getting onto the game client on my PC. I did buy it on PS3 as well. In a last ditch effort I checked my registrations of my games and entered the code it and SE is saying that its already registered.

So I am just confused as to why I am still getting "No valid or active service account is available to play FINAL FANTASY XIV: A Realm Reborn." I'm beginning to think that maybe I didn't merge my accounts accurately. So confused!!

Out side of contacting customer support, anyone have suggestions to get around this?