FF14 Heavensward Gathering Guide by Caimie Tsukino

Discussion in 'Guide Discussion' started by Caimie Tsukino, Aug 18, 2015.

1. Caimie Tsukino

Caimie Tsukino Realm Scribe

Top Poster Of Month

Server:
    Zalera
    Caimie Tsukino published a new article:

Read more about this article...

Fybrile and Jinzuku like this.
  2. Doc Wagon

Doc Wagon Adventurer

Minor point of clarification regarding Ephemeral nodes. Unless the devs have made a change to them in the last couple weeks, to get the node to respawn, you don't need to deplete any of the associated nearby nodes.

In fact, you don't even have to harvest anything from the associated nodes, all that is required is to open up one node from two different sets. From my experience, there is typically minimum of two, usually three, regular node pairs near an Ephemeral node, two of which are fairly close.

What I typically do is leave my Collector's Glove on after my first pass at the E. Node, then fly/run over to node set A, open up the nearest one, cancel out/close the window, then fly over to the next set of nodes, open and close then head back to the respawned E. Node. IIRC, I'll have around 100 gp or so by then and depending on what pops in the E. Node will deteremine if I want to burn GP or save. Then it's just a matter of rinse & repeat using cordials as desired/needed.

Unless you need/want the materials from the nodes you're using to respawn the E. node, you can use that saved time to gather more items to reduce while your GP regens. Your quality isn't going to top out, though you should easily get 3/8 which will still net you crystals, sometimes clusters, and the occasional sand, so it's not a total loss.

Fybrile and Caimie Tsukino like this.
  3. Caimie Tsukino

Top Poster Of Month

Server:
    Zalera
    Cool! I'm gonna try that out tonight! Thanks!

4. Caimie Tsukino

Top Poster Of Month

Server:
    Zalera
    Hey Doc, would you like to help out with writing the last chapter - Favors? I haven't got the chance to play the favors game yet. I can include your name in the guide.

5. Caimie Tsukino

Top Poster Of Month

Server:
    Zalera
    Tested this, and fixed the guide. Thanks Doc!

6. Caimie Tsukino

Top Poster Of Month

Server:
    Zalera
    Updated 7 Sep 2015 on the last chapter concerning Favors in Patch 3.07.
    Also did a rough calculation on the rate of appearing of Concealed Nodes & hidden items.

7. nobopyon

nobopyon Crystal Brave

yay, waiting on your guide for so long!! :fanboy:

I have a quesiton after scan through your guide (at work atm :apology:).

on CH10, it says

"All Legendary Nodes require 600 Gathering & 645 Perception to obtain items and have HQ chance. To uncover item in 1 hitrequires approximately 647 Gathering."

Does this mean, it actually required 647 gathering & 645 Perception? :what:

Caimie Tsukino likes this.
  8. Caimie Tsukino

Top Poster Of Month

Server:
    Zalera
    Thanks for your support!! :wink:

Nope. It means if you have 600 Gathering, you can still go ahead and try to obtain those Folklore items, but it will take you 2 hits to uncover the item from the slot.

At 647 Gathering, the rate of gathering was only around 80%. So, my guess is, at 600 Gathering, the rate will be like 75%... pretty low. If you use 2 hits to reach the item, you will have your 600 GP, so you can either use King's Yield II (500 GP) + Sharp Vision II (100 GP), and gamble at 90% collection rate.

Even if it takes 2 hits to reach the item, I still think Toil is a bad idea, because it burns 300 GP, and leaves you no GP left to increase yield + gather rate together. If you use Toil, you can still use Sharp Vision III, but your yield will probably be a lot lower than using King's Yield II gambling at 90% as mentioned above. If you use Toil, you can still use Unearth II, but that means your gathering rate will remain at 75%, and you will likely miss once or twice.

Anyway, so basically if you have 647 Gathering, you earn 1 extra attempt because you need only 1 attempt to reach the item. Notice that 647 is NOT the minimum number. I do not know the actual minimum stats for this. Other website said 650 can 1-hit-reach, and I tested that 647 can do it too. But it is possible even 645 can do it too. I am not sure.

Last edited: Sep 10, 2015
    nobopyon likes this.
  9. Caimie Tsukino

Top Poster Of Month

Server:
    Zalera
    Added the following paragraph in Chapter 7:

[NOTE: If you are too poor to overmeld much, consider getting just enough stats to obtain "Red Scrips". Once you have a steady flow of "Red Scrips" per week, you can accumulate enough "Rowena's Token (Gatherer's Red Scrip)" to trade for i180 tools/gear from the Splendor Vendor, like the Minekeep's Pickaxe or Fieldkeep's Hatchet (See Chapter 9 last picture).]

Although, it's quite a chicken/egg problem. You need stats to get a good Red Scrip income flow. But if you have already max-melded, and maximized your Red Scrips income flow, then you actually don't need those i180 (duh)...(and that's why even though I have enough Red Tokens, I didn't bother to get the i180 axe... I just don't need it).

But I guess if you have sub-optimal stats, you can still harvest 1 acceptable Collectable per run using a 1-Collect High Rarity Rotation, and you can still max your Red Scrips per week, and patiently grind until you can get the i180 tools before switching to the Standard Impulsive Rotation for 2-4 collect per run. It's gonna be hell with only 1 item per run, but if budget is an issue for overmelds, this is a possible solution.

Alternatively, use Perception Food like Baked Haddock to temporarily help out, so you can use the Standard Impulsive Rotation.

The best situation is, if you can meld just enough (and use food at reasonable price) to use the Standard Impulsive Rotation for Red Scrips, and then obtain the i180 which sends you to a state which you no longer need food. That'd be the most budget-saving case, in my opinion. Actually, even just enough stats for a 2-Collect Standard Rotation (which has slightly more potency than the Impulsive Rotation) isn't bad... 2 items per run is doable to max Red Scrips per week.

Last edited: Sep 10, 2015
  10. Caimie Tsukino

Top Poster Of Month

Server:
    Zalera
    Update 11/9/2015
    Thanks to PirateCat's input. I have added in a great rotation - "Complex Impulsive Rotation" - in chapter 5.

11. Elivercury

Elivercury Crystal Brave

Server:
    Odin
    I'd note that if you just want to farm Chysal Greens and Adamantite Ore for red scrips then a full set of lvl 60 gear at HQ is plenty (with pretty much any accessories - although you may need food for GP). I've yet to commit to any melding until 3.1 comes out at which point I'm going to evaluate what the requirements for the new Airship nodes will be and meld/spend red scrips appropriately.
    --- Double Post Merged, Sep 11, 2015, Original Post Date: Sep 11, 2015 ---
    I'd also note that I've run the maths on the two red scrip rotations and the complex one gives a 2.2% higher yield, or about an extra 6 collectibles over 100 rotations. Personally, I think I'll just stick with the simple version as I'm less likely to balls it up - as if I balls it up twice that's me immediately lost my benefit. You also don't get that awesome feeling when you manage 2x 4 collects on both Adamantite and Chyshal

Caimie Tsukino likes this.
  12. Caimie Tsukino

Top Poster Of Month

Server:
    Zalera
    Update 13 Sep 2015
    - Updated that lvl 56 ephemeral items can produce Landborne/Leafborne aethersand, but at extremely low rate.
    - Updated procedure of Favor gathering.

13. versita

versita New Member

Server:
    Gilgamesh
    I just tested 645 gathering and was able to reveal Regional Folklore nodes in one hit, not sure if it is the minimum though.

14. Caimie Tsukino

Top Poster Of Month

Server:
    Zalera
    Thanks so much!! I have been hoping someone can tell me this!!! I have confirmed that 644 is not enough, so this makes 645 the official "minimum". I'll add this into the guide in my next update! :wink:

15. Caimie Tsukino

Top Poster Of Month

Server:
    Zalera
    *Update on 4 Oct 2015
    - Updated Favor mat location chart. My dear friend Panderin has confirmed a different location for gathering Void Nuts.

16. Caimie Tsukino

Top Poster Of Month

Server:
    Zalera
    *Update on 10 Oct 2015
    - Updated the Regular Unspoiled Nodes list and the Legendary Nodes list with all the coordinates and hints on where to teleport to.

17. Kalidor Kazan

Kalidor Kazan New Member

Server:
    faerie
    Hello Caimie, thank you for your guide they are so great, I think they are the best out there for us crafters.

I have a question for you, in chapter 12 you mention about changing color of the nodes, do you know how to do it if it's do-able with a ps4.

Thanks

18. Caimie Tsukino

Top Poster Of Month

Server:
    Zalera
    Hi Kalidor,

Thank you for your kind words! It's good to know that the guides are being helpful to people.

For the changing of colors of the nodes, i would assume it would be done in a way similar to PC: Main Menu -> Character Configuration -> Display Name Settings -> NPCs -> Objects.

See if you can find it. If not, let me know, and i can ask my friends who are on PS4.

Note: it doesn't just change the node colors, but it changes the color for ALL NPC and objects.

Kalidor Kazan likes this.