FF14 Heavensward Crafting - Discovering New Crafting Skills by Romanosovsky

Discussion in 'Guide Discussion' started by romanosovsky, Dec 18, 2015.

1. romanosovsky

romanosovsky New Member

Server:
    (CN)MorDhona
    romanosovsky published a new article:

Read more about this article...

ilmaestro and Caimie Tsukino like this.
  2. Caimie Tsukino

Caimie Tsukino Realm Scribe

Server:
    Zalera
    Oh I love the info you gave here in this guide, and the data your collected is very valuable!

Also, your suggested use of Brow in macros is genius!!!

In:
    /ac "SH II" <wait.2>
    /ac "Great S" <wait.2>
    /ac "Byregot's Brow"
    /ac "Innov" <wait.3>
    /ac "Byregot's Brow" <wait.3>
    /ac "Ingen II" <wait.3>
    /ac "Byregot's Blessing" <wait.3>

...so, if your 1st Brow bait worked, then it'll skip Innovation, and wait 3 sec, then it tries to perform Brow again. Obviously if the 1st Brow worked on a Good, there won't be another Good here, so this 2nd bait will be passed, and it'll perform Ingen2. But then it'll still try to perform Blessing, but if Brow was performed, then IQ stack = zero, so the Blessing button is blurred, and so Blessing is skipped.

If 2nd Brow worked, then it'll go on with Ingen2, and then skip the Blessing.

Now, lets say this is performed at IQ9, Brow has potency of 230, whereas Blessing has potency of 260. Great Strides doubles them. So 460 vs 520. A good condition is 1.5x. So the 1st Brow bait will give 690 if executed. Comparing this to a normal Byregot on Innov + Ingen2, which is going to be similar to IQ10, which is a ~560 potency Blessing. Yeah! Indeed, Brow is still stronger here! You're right! So even if 1st Brow happens before Innov, it's still a better choice than running through Innov+Ingen2 for the Blessing!

And if macro lines maxing out is an issue, just adding 1 Brow is still a great choice to avoid Blessing falling onto a Poor.

I like this!!! It is perfect!!! Can't get any better!!! :cat:
    Sir/Madam, you have just turned a useless skill into a useful skill! I salute you!

3. romanosovsky

romanosovsky New Member

Server:
    (CN)MorDhona
    That's it! Well, I haven't do detailed math about them, and a 1.5x Good is really better than all buffs.
    Due to limited cp / steady hand turns, only 1 Brow can be inserted in most macros. But 1 brow can still help to avoid Poor.
    The Steady Hand turns is more difficult to arrange.

4. racooperii

racooperii Warrior of Light

Server:
    Brynhildr
    This is impressive, and I don't understand a bit of it lol

5. romanosovsky

romanosovsky New Member

Server:
    (CN)MorDhona
    In short, the Brow can improve Byregot in macros; Whistle is equivalent to Waste-Not; and the Good chance has been cut down.