Fastest way to lvl up?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by General_JT, Jul 1, 2013.

1. General_JT

General_JT Member

So are guild hests or leves better? grinding? main quests?
    just want to lvl up a little bit faster in the beta to try stuff out before phase 4 and release.
    any help is greatly appreciated!
  2. Rostnhaemr Zirnundsyn

Rostnhaemr Zirnundsyn Well Known Member

All of the above.

The past few beta weekends I toyed around with leveling styles and I found that completing the hunter's log WHILE you're questing (since the majority of monsters in your hunter's log are related to this quests) makes leveling extremely efficient. While doing this you can get really good kill chains going for extra exp. The same goes for LeveQuests. Do them on the highest difficulty (keep hi-potions on you) and chain the crap out of the objectives to maximize exp gain.

In less than 5 hours I had a level 15-16 Gladiator sitting outside the first dungeon, quest in hand, ready to tank.

I tried the same thing leveling a secondary class and found it to be just as efficient.
    Lauren and General_JT like this.
  3. Lucien McFly

Lucien McFly Active Member

I have noticed that alot of the lower level side quests wont allow you to do them again with different classes so do you just do the quests you recieve from your class guild to level up?
  4. Colt47

Colt47 Active Member

If you do every fate that you come across and keep up with the hunting log, you'll actually have a hard time with getting all the regular quests done at the appropriate levels. I jumped from level 3 to level 8 in under 45 minutes just literally running into objectives in La Noscea.
    General_JT and Danforth Wright like this.
  5. ShippWrecked

ShippWrecked Member

Guildhests offer a huge amount of XP the first time you do them. After that, they're probably about on par with leves. If you find an area with multiple FATEs around your level, you can pretty much camp that area with whatever class you're on and run around from FATE to FATE. That's a decent way to grind around level 30+ if you're tired of dungeons, but I'm not sure if it's decent at earlier levels.
  6. Danforth Wright

Danforth Wright Well Known Member

Yes, I can highly recommend stopping to help with fates at every chance you get. The gil rewards kinda blow, but the exp is great!
    General_JT and Colt47 like this.
  7. Lucien McFly

Lucien McFly Active Member

Yeah thats what i did on my lancer for the most part, the fates are quite fun, but they must do something about the courier type fates -.-
  8. Madrone Damodred

Madrone Damodred Active Member

Yeah I hadn't done any, and I was freshly level 29. Got in a random group and did 10, 15, and 20x2 guildhests, which took maybe 45-60 minutes. That got me more than 10k gil and about 70k xp. I'm 1/2 way to 30.

Much less reward for subsequent runs of the same one though.

I think I did 22-23 on just Fates and some hunting log. I totally missed out on the fact there was a level 20 dungeon..... :/

Dungeons themselves are your bread and butter at 15+, giving both good xp and drops.
    General_JT likes this.
  9. Joygasm

Joygasm Well Known Member

30->32 in about 2 hours of grinding fates (the area with Cancer crab)

That was fun.
    General_JT likes this.
  10. General_JT

General_JT Member

Wow awesome feedback, thank you all I was grinding with a little main questing and did not touch guildleves and did like 3 hests but will try them all and definitely do the FATE camping,
    FATEs and the guildhest were my favorite parts of the beta so far
  11. Jesse Welch

Jesse Welch Active Member

I am sure I am in the minority here, but I believe people should control themselves in regards to how fast they level up. Even if you *can* level up way faster than you currently are, maybe you shouldn't? I say this because practice makes permanent and it is never more aggravating than when a key member of the party still has no idea how to use his abilities or how to do his job. Moreover, this is a game we've all been waiting eagerly for, why rush through things?
    shaolinsword, Lucien McFly and Plane like this.
  12. General_JT

General_JT Member

I feel that since our characters are going to get erased might as well see what abilities are better for my playstyle ya know?
  13. General_JT

General_JT Member

Well my friend started in ul'dah and I statred in gridania and I've been doing quests from both and haven't tried to re-do the quests again so I wouldn't know
  14. Joygasm

Listen here Male Ravenia, we don't care to hear your casual casually casualton banter mister. Some of us don't suck at games and can pick up classes directly from 50!
  15. Orien

Orien Well Known Member

I have found, shockingly(!), that experience points are the fastest way to level.
    Luko likes this.
  16. Orien

Orien Well Known Member

Lol, peed a little.
    ShippWrecked likes this.
  17. General_JT

General_JT Member

Lol <experience points> <can I have it?>
  18. Jesse Welch

Jesse Welch Active Member

Nah, you just *think* you don't suck at games. Then we bring a tank into our party to fight a boss and he can't even figure out how to use his abilities.

I suppose some people can pick up a class at 50, and maybe you are one of them, but most cannot.
  19. Orien

Orien Well Known Member

That's sad. It's a video game not quantum mechanics. Anyone smart enough to pass the 5th grade should be able to manage such a feat.
  20. Joygasm

Minority or not, we exist, that's the point I was making while trying to be a humorous ass.
    ShippWrecked and General_JT like this.