Fallout 4 announced!

Discussion in 'Other Games' started by Lord Tristem, Jun 3, 2015.

1. Lord Tristem

Lord Tristem Crystal Brave

Server:
    Lamia
    I know a lot of you probably don't care, but I still felt like sharing the trailer since Fallout is one of my favorite RPG series of all time, and I can't wait to play this game.

2. Jinzuku

Jinzuku Vice Administrator

Server:
    Phoenix
    I'm a huge fan of Fallout 3 (Fawkes MVP) so am happy to hear there will be a 4th one.

Fybrile likes this.
  3. delta5ff

delta5ff Scion

Omg Omg Omg Omg Omg Omg please tell me that this is real and the trailer is official. U absolutely loved fallout 3 (wasn't very fond of new vages ). If that's trine I'm pre ordering as soon as it's up and dreaming about playing on that pirate ship

4. Sai

Sai Crystal Brave

Server:
    Brynhildr
    I'm excited!!! :bling:

Jinzuku and Fybrile like this.
  5. Mycroft

Mycroft Crystal Brave

Server:
    Hyperion
    Gotta love that we get closer to the Commonwealth (technology ho!).. Also think of all the Lovecraft references that become possible when the setting is Boston!

6. Lord Tristem

Server:
    Lamia
    I assure you Delta that the trailer is official and they will be announcing more about it in a few weeks at E3

Jinzuku, Fybrile and delta5ff like this.
  7. delta5ff

delta5ff Scion

:Runs over and grabs @Lord Tristem in a massive bear hug: I'm so happy right now. I just hope that they don't have the multiple types of ammo again like in new vages. But the trailer looks really good

Jinzuku, Lord Tristem and Fybrile like this.
  8. Lord Tristem

Server:
    Lamia
    Is that the main reason you didn't like New Vegas? I'm just curious as to what it was that put you off with that game?

9. Fybrile

Fybrile Administrator

Server:
    Cactaur
    ER...

MAH...

GERD!

Bethesda, my body is ready.

Oh, I'm all on board with this! Sign me up and give me the t-shirt! I've already paused writing this to re-watch that trailer several times. I've been waiting for Fallout 4 ever since the very moment I completed Fallout 3. Can't say I'm a big fan of the slightly more cell-shaded/cartoony look, but I'm gonna chalk that up to it hopefully being a more massive game and a couple of things I'll take as hints that air travel will be available. Also, kinda looks like the graphic quality I'd expect in an online, multiplayer game. Just sayin'.

Bethesda doesn't usually pull a Square Enix (read: announce a game, and then take 3-10 years to release it), so I'm gonna put my money on a release timeframe at E3.

Hermes, Jinzuku and Lord Tristem like this.
  10. delta5ff

delta5ff Scion

No that was what put me off the combat. I turn 29 in July and I've been playing video games since the old cassette and three and a half inch floppy disc days. Two of the first rpgs I played was eye of the beholder and baldur's gate. I come from a time when resources were limited and you had to horde your supplies. So having this mentality hard coded into how I play I only ever used normal bullets because I might need the other more limited ones later, but nearly every foe was armoured so they took an inordinate number of bullets to kill. BTW you should see everything I've got stashed in my megaton home. I could literally sustain A gun fight for 3 months solid because I only ever use hand guns and the rifle unless I come across something really big

Then there was the starting stage to 3 which is one of the best of all time IMHO. I loved how organic it felt. It really served to imerse me into the world unlike what felt like generic intro 374.

And finally I just preferred the world of 3.

It's all my personal preference and I can see why other people would like new vages better but it just wasn't for me.

Jinzuku and Lord Tristem like this.
  11. Lord Tristem

Server:
    Lamia
    Ah I see thanks for telling me. Anyway I mostly just curious as to your reasons for preferring 4 honestly I like both of them more or less equally for different reasons. In particular I like New Vegas cause its very stable and easy to mod with minimal problems. Fallout 3 on the other hand was a chore to even work by itself to say nothing about adding mods. Also I liked the add on's in New Vegas better Old World Blue's beats the s**t out of anything in 3.

On the flip side I liked that 3 was more open world and the places you went to were way more interesting, it had a stronger story especially that ending with Liberty Prime, and like you I loved the opening.

delta5ff likes this.
  12. delta5ff

delta5ff Scion

Moding isn't a thing for me been a console gamer. But yeah I hear you about new vages been more guided. When I started playing I just wanted to go to the strip so I set straight off up the middle of the map and found that I wasn't mentioned to go that way which was a big departure from 3 where you hand a main story, but when you get out of the vault you can really go anywhere or do anything right off the bat. Or at least it felt that way

Lord Tristem likes this.
  13. Sai

Sai Crystal Brave

Server:
    Brynhildr
    Heh usually I am the only person who likes New Vegas over 3. Ppl seem to think that discounts me as a Fallout fan or something. I just had way more fun playing New Vegas than I did 3. 3 felt like a chore to finish New Vegas I wanted to do again just to see which faction was the best for me.

14. Lord Tristem

Server:
    Lamia
    Yeah that was definitely my most unfavorite thing about New Vegas was that the game is way too linear right at the start. I did ounce manage to cheat the game though and got to New Vegas right at the beginning of the game but it was stupid hard to do

delta5ff likes this.
  15. delta5ff

delta5ff Scion

Yeah I did that to. Just snuck past everything only to find a I needed more than a handful of caps to get in

Lord Tristem likes this.
  16. Lord Tristem

Server:
    Lamia
    Yeah there's also that. I got through that too ounce though but it involved me killing the securitrons at the gate with a grenade launcher. Unfortunately that also made my rep with the strip take a nosedive

delta5ff likes this.
  17. delta5ff

delta5ff Scion

I eventually managed to talk my way in

18. Mycroft

Mycroft Crystal Brave

Server:
    Hyperion

19. Lord Tristem

Server:
    Lamia