Error Code i2501?

Discussion in 'Tech Support' started by substratus, Jun 3, 2016.

1. substratus

substratus New Member

Server:
    Siren
    Hey everyone, kinda at the end of my rope here. I recovered my old account I stopped playing in 2014, which is flagged as inactive. When I try and input a payment method to renew my subscription, any payment at all, I get an error:

You cannot use this function.
    Please contact the SQUARE ENIX Support Center for additional details.
    Error Code: i2501

I bought a time card, same error. Tried to buy Crysta, same error. I have no idea how to make my PayPal work with my SE account. I was stuck in their live chat and phone queue from open until close (which I hear is depressingly common) with no answer. Has anyone had experience with this error? Or know any work arounds? Any help would be much appreciated. I've never dealt with a company that hated my money so much!

GeekMatt likes this.
  2. GeekMatt

GeekMatt Moderator

Server:
    Brynhildr
    I don't have the solution to your problem but I'd have to agree, SE really does hate money. Trying to spend $$ anywhere for FFXIV is a struggle, first to find where to send your money, then to make them take it.

3. substratus

substratus New Member

Server:
    Siren
    So the reason PayPal isn't even coming up is because it seems like the pop-up that leads me to log into Paypal is blocked, and not by my browser. I tried IE, deleted all cookies and turned off anything that potentially block it from popping it. I even had my husband do it on his computer and the same thing happened. It seems like every single payment method is blocked from my account.

4. Fybrile

Fybrile Administrator

Server:
    Cactaur
    Are you trying to pay from the same region you purchased the game in?

5. substratus

substratus New Member

Server:
    Siren
    Yes. Im living in the same state as when I first purchased the game.

6. Basket Case

Basket Case Crystal Brave

Server:
    Brynhildr
    I think what @Fybrile means is to make sure you are not using something like a VPN client. I had problems once cause I was using a VPN client to get to the game servers cause I was getting disconnect issues. It turned out that the VPN client was showing my game as connecting from California (where the VPN servers were) instead of Utah where I registered the game, and more importantly in this case, where Paypal and my bank said that I should be located. After talking with customer support I turned off the VPN logged back in and did my payment and everything worked fine. Its basically an anti theft thing banks are using to try and combat hacking.

GeekMatt likes this.
  7. itzwolfeh2o5

itzwolfeh2o5 New Member

Server:
    Ultros
    Has anybody figure out the fix for this because now im experiencing this aswell.

8. itzwolfeh2o5

itzwolfeh2o5 New Member

Server:
    Ultros
    For those who have this problem. I fixed mine by waiting 24 hours ( I waited 30 more mins just incase ) in then tried it again in it worked

Jinzuku and Fybrile like this.