Featured Podcast Episode 19 - The Marathon Episode

Discussion in 'The Realm Noticeboard' started by Fybrile, Oct 18, 2015.

1. Fybrile

Fybrile Administrator

Server:
    Tonberry
    The Echo Podcast Crew is back!

Listen to our latest episode HERE: http://ffxivrealm.com/media/the-echo-episode-19-the-marathon-episode.217/media

Featuring...

@Fybrile
    @Maaja

And, presenting a long-time member of the Realm, the one and only @Cyn Romanace !!!

In this extra long episode, we are bring back the "Featured from the Realm" segment, where we talk about the Featured Guide of the Month, the Weekly PoOP, as well as feature an FC from our Free Companies index and a member from the Realm!

In this episode, Fybrile gets convinced to go to Brynhildr, Maaja weighs in on the expansion, and Cyn indulges us with a game of "Eorzean Marry, !@#$, Kill". We discuss patch 3.1, memorable characters around the Realm, and DPS checks in end game.

Last episode's Loremaster is a complete win from @Sai ! Don't forget to check out this episode's Loremaster for a chance to win your choice of minion or metallic dyes or seasonal clothing from the Mog Station!

Our intermission cover song this episode is "8-Bit Ravanna Theme Final Phase FFXIV Heavensward" by Coconeru. Check out their awesome 8-bit covers of FFXIV songs and other VGM HERE. Also, make sure to give them a "like" and subscribe to their channel to show your support!

And, while you're at it, check out and subscribe to our own new YouTube channel HERE.

Our Facebook Page also needs some love, HERE.

And our Twitter Feed misses you, HERE.

If you're interested in being a part of The Echo, we'd love to hear from you! Send us your plugs, you shout-outs, your achievements, your pre-recorded segments, we'd love to give them a spot in one of our upcoming episodes!

Enjoy!!! ~

Last edited: Oct 18, 2015
  2. Cyn Romanace

Cyn Romanace Scion

Didn't seem like we talked that long. Also fybrile has the best door bell, it speaks Chinese

3. GeekMatt

GeekMatt Moderator

Server:
    Brynhildr
    Can't wait to listen!

Fybrile likes this.
  4. Chaos_Martin

Chaos_Martin Crystal Brave

Server:
    Phoenix
    Lol can't believe I forgot to mention the name of the FC XD

Fybrile likes this.
  5. racooperii

racooperii Warrior of Light

Server:
    Brynhildr
    Great episode guys! Now, when's my turn to be featured!!

Fybrile likes this.
  6. Didn't he already promise us spots on the podcast? XD

Fybrile likes this.
  7. racooperii

Server:
    Brynhildr
    I think so? I'm secretly not so secretly an attention whore so just need to make sure lol.

Fybrile and Crimson Requiem like this.
  8. Cyn Romanace

Cyn Romanace Scion

I had an absolute blast with it, I wanna be a regular host cause I am always available! LOL

9. Fybrile

Fybrile Administrator

Server:
    Tonberry
    @Najla posted a correction in the podcast comments that they actually HAVE gone and made those random drop minions easier to get. So, it's just the token grinding left that makes this game difficult.

10. racooperii

Server:
    Brynhildr
    The baby oppo-oppo is still hard to get and went from 1mil to 10 mil since HW came out on my server.

The in game economy of Brynhildr is illogical and frustrating...

Najla, Crimson Requiem and Sai like this.
  11. Sai

Sai Crystal Brave

Server:
    Brynhildr
    I really want the panda minion but I'm too lazy to farm the dungeon and way too cheap to spend 8 mil on it.

But I'm looking forward to the minion mini game should be a good time. Gonna use my loremaster Papalymo minion and crush my enemies ;)

Fybrile likes this.
  12. racooperii

Server:
    Brynhildr
    I will counter with Mniffila wind-up! Special abilities include Damsels in Distress, Poor Leadership and Relying on everyone else!

Jinzuku and Sai like this.
  13. Cyn Romanace

Cyn Romanace Scion

Wind up Cid, I will bombard you from the air with my airship armada mwahaha!

Sai likes this.
  14. GeekMatt

GeekMatt Moderator

Server:
    Brynhildr
    Omg, I'm up to 1:14:00 and stopped to Skype with @PrincessNewb where I'm flipping out over the discussion on endgame raiding.

So first off, congratulations on what is so far a very successful podcast to have gotten such a reaction from me

Secondly, THANK YOU @Fybrile for your reaction to the DPS discussion, I otherwise would have been like "screw this" and stopped listening, you gave me a good laugh. If you loosen up the DPS checks, and then bring a healer/tanks who can play their job to the fullest—now suddenly the fight is 10x easier. I would love to see more utility required in raids, but don't kill the DPS checks.

Thirdly, Ravana is one of the best fights in the game, right up there with Titan and T5.

Lastly, I'd be open to being on the podcast if you have use of me at some point. Discussions on FCs, AST/PLD, anything newbie-related or the perspective of a first time MMORPGer would be good topics off the top of my head.

Jinzuku, Sai, Bizant and 1 other person like this.
  15. Bizant

Bizant Scion

Server:
    Brynhildr
    That's what I did on the part where Fybrile called me abrasive! Abrasive! Stopped listening, unsubbed from the forum and the game just because I was that angry!

I'm obviously joking. My feedback on the episode is just to agree with the highlight of the Realm that you guys identified. I love that you embrace debate. Intelligent discussion is always good, and sometimes it gets abrasive, and that's fine. Freedom of speech all the way! Of course mods should step in when things get personal, but I appreciate the fact that you guys respect healthy debate.

Good episode, mates.

16. Cyn Romanace

Cyn Romanace Scion

See I don't think I am articulating it well enough, I am not trying to say "Kill DPS checks" They are needed and make things fun. What I keep trying to say I seem to miss the mark each time is that they are very tightly tuned which is an ok thing but the fights should be tuned a little differently.

More damage from the bosses to promote proper tank min/maxing and get away from this idea of the bare min you need to survive a tank buster so you can then increase your damage output as well as giving healers more to do as well.

Increase the damage of DPS classes by X so that passing a DPS check is contingent on your actual DPS classes.

I guess I would just like to see less overlap into the DPS field for the Trinity set up the game has. Cause with so much overlap you will eventually hit a point where raid leaders are asking "Why bring X class for one role when class Y can facilitate 2 roles at the same time."

Maaja, GeekMatt and racooperii like this.
  17. racooperii

Server:
    Brynhildr
    I'll bet 5 Wars a Bard/Mch and 2 healers all maxed out in BiS could clear the raids.

18. GeekMatt

GeekMatt Moderator

Server:
    Brynhildr
    Cyn, I don't wholly disagree with that, but if that was the point than you and Maaja discussing how Rav has too many difficult mechanics before the DPS check was not on point.

But I still feel that taking healer and tank DPS out of the equation is taking half of their skill set out of play. And Maajas point about Faust was a bit off.. "Just a DPS check", I pull out EVERY ability I have to keep you alive, @Maaja :beg:

PrincessNewb likes this.
  19. Cyn Romanace

Cyn Romanace Scion

Honestly, right now the only reason I can see bringing a bard VS another DPS is their songs. With as movement intensive as some fights are, I think I would rather just bring a different class whos DPS would make up for the slower Limit guage build up as I cant be sure the bard will have good DPS uptime. That is of course if bards did not have their songs to restore resources

20. racooperii

Server:
    Brynhildr
    The songs the point, A1 has all those adds, one War to MT, 4 to OP Berserk everything and Brd/Mch to keep TP up.