Featured Podcast Episode 18 - The One That Went To YouTube

Discussion in 'The Realm Noticeboard' started by Fybrile, Oct 1, 2015.

1. Fybrile

Fybrile Administrator

Server:
    Tonberry
    The Echo Podcast Crew is back!

Listen to our latest episode HERE: http://ffxivrealm.com/media/the-echo-episode-18-the-one-that-went-to-youtube.216/media

Featuring...

@Fybrile
    @Kolossus
    @Maaja
    @Sword

And, bringing back a guest host we really enjoyed having on from Episode 16, @joshua david !

In this episode, we try out some new music as well as some new segments! Introducing the "Featured from the Realm" segment, where we talk about the Featured Guide of the Month as well as the Weekly PoOP, and we also feature an FC from our Free Companies index. We're most excited to begin a new "Featured Member of the Realm" segment where we put one of you in the spotlight by having you on for a quick interview. Just a little way to get to know some of the great people from this community!

This episode, we're excited to feature the one and only, @Caimie Tsukino !

In this episode, Fybrile has a nightmare, Sword is our token white trash, Maaja is put through the whole "mother" thing again, and Kolossus stays true to the game. We cover a little bit of news, revitalizing PvP, and staying interested in the game during a lull in new content.

Last episode's Loremaster is a technical win from Brash Torque! Don't forget to check out this episode's Loremaster for a chance to win your choice of minion or metallic dyes or seasonal clothing from the Mog Station!

Our intermission cover song this episode is "Inn (Acapella)" by Rockleetist. Check out their awesome acapella covers of FFXIV songs and other VGM HERE. Also, make sure to drop by and give them a "like" or subscribe to their channel to show your support!

And, while you're at it, check out our own YouTube channel HERE.

Our Facebook Page, HERE.

And our Twitter Feed, HERE.

If you're interested in being a part of The Echo, we'd love to hear from you! Send us your plugs, you shout-outs, your achievements, your pre-recorded segments, we'd love to give them a spot in one of our upcoming episodes!

Enjoy!!! ~

Last edited: Oct 10, 2015
  2. Jinzuku

Jinzuku Vice Administrator

Server:
    Phoenix
    I can't find the episode. I've even looked in the Podcast section and can't see episode 18 :(

3. Fybrile

Fybrile Administrator

Server:
    Tonberry
    I'm still in the middle of uploading it. Sorry.

Jinzuku likes this.
  4. Jinzuku

Server:
    Phoenix
    ah ok, I thought I was going crazy

5. Fybrile

Fybrile Administrator

Server:
    Tonberry
    I think this one's going to be worth the wait, if you have listened/liked any of our podcasts! This one might be the best one yet!

GeekMatt likes this.
  6. Jinzuku

Server:
    Phoenix
    Can't wait, I always love listening to the podcasts. They always brighten up my day. I listen them to work so have to try really hard not to giggle at my desk. :haha:

Fybrile likes this.
  7. GeekMatt

GeekMatt Moderator

Server:
    Brynhildr
    29 minutes in, had to break. It's really good so far!

Fybrile likes this.
  8. Cyn Romanace

Cyn Romanace Scion

Being a guest on this would be fun, Don't know what I would talk about..maybe tanking, possibly what its like to be one of the longest running members of the realm forum. Recall some of the funny posts during the wait for beta testing. LOL

Jinzuku and Fybrile like this.
  9. Fybrile

Fybrile Administrator

Server:
    Tonberry
    Sounds great! Think we might have found our featured member for episode 19!!!

Jinzuku likes this.
  10. Cyn Romanace

Cyn Romanace Scion

Woohoo!

Jinzuku and Fybrile like this.
  11. joshua david

joshua david Crystal Brave

Server:
    Cactuar
    that mash up ending... thx fybrile :redcard:

12. Caimie Tsukino

Caimie Tsukino Realm Scribe

Server:
    Zalera
    It was fun! Thanks for having me there! :glee:

Fybrile likes this.
  13. Fybrile

Fybrile Administrator

Server:
    Tonberry
    Hahaha, I'm sorry Josh. I came across it during the edit, and I laughed so hard each time I heard it that I just had to include it. To be fair, it's not the most embarrassing out-of-context clip we put in there (We had one of a guest host clearly sounding like she was in mid-orgasm once, and there was Maaja's snort in an early episode that she explicitly told me to cut out. But, I was really conflicted about whether or not I should have left it in. It's... Just... So damn funny! And the rest of the mash-up was kind of meh. Truly hope you weren't offended I took that one out of context.

For the record to our listeners, Josh was talking about podcasting skills at the time in an awesome discussion we had to cut out for time constraints. And, because we were weighing in on other podcasts, which we often do these days.

joshua david and Jinzuku like this.
  14. Jinzuku

Server:
    Phoenix
    The episode was great. Josh is a great addition to the team. Was also nice to hear what Caimie sounds like after all this time.

15. GeekMatt

GeekMatt Moderator

Server:
    Brynhildr
    Got around to finishing listening to it today, good episode! Kept me entertained while I did leader things instead of farming for the Eso I'm needing :shifty:

50/450

Fybrile likes this.
  16. joshua david

joshua david Crystal Brave

Server:
    Cactuar
    no need to be sorry, i loved it. mash ups have always been my favorite and you got me cracking up yet again!

Fybrile likes this.
  17. Sai

Sai Crystal Brave

Server:
    Brynhildr
    That was a lot of fun to listen to! You guys are funny and josh and camie made great contributions :)

I too am quite burned out from eso grind.... Two ex dungeons is dumb and I always get neverreap so its more like 1 dungeon.

Anyways keep it up, I'll keep listening

18. racooperii

racooperii Warrior of Light

Server:
    Brynhildr
    Planning on listening to this as I mow tonight. But even thinking about ESO grinding makes me feel defeated...as much as I want the full DRK look its just so painful having to run the same two dungeons.

It's gotten so bad that I would rather gather and craft to escape the grind. And I'm leveling them without leve's this time even!

Fybrile likes this.
  19. racooperii

racooperii Warrior of Light

Server:
    Brynhildr
    I think I give you a run for your money in the longest running member Cyn.

I wouldnt mind "guesting"...gods know many opinions I wanted to interject about your podcast after having actually listened to it now, which I of course forget now that I can sit here and talk about it!

Fybrile likes this.
  20. Fybrile

Fybrile Administrator

Server:
    Tonberry
    Sweet! Featured Members of the Realm for our next TWO episodes!

We know that the lack of consistency hurts us a lot, and bums a lot of you guys out. Episode 18 marked - yet another - new starting point for us. We aimed for semi-monthly, and we think this time, for the foreseeable future, we'll be able to achieve that. We will ABSOLUTELY be able to achieve a new episode every two weeks if you guys keep volunteering to come on for the Featured Member interview or we get awesome guest hosts like Joshua David!